Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS on OMNI XT10

former_member196490
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are having a problem with scanning a 2D GS1 barcode on ITS in the OMNI XT10. When the barcode(materia/serial no.) is scanned we get a value for eg. 90656545646521TEST1.

In this there is no group separator between the material data and GS1 identifier '21' and so we are not able to decode it properly

The separator is passed while creating the barcode but does not appear when scanned. I read various documents and it seem that the group separator <FNC1> is invisible.

The ITS works perfectly if we try to attach a wedge scanner to our laptop. The string scanned is 906565456465#@1D;21TEST1, which can be easily decoded and works perfectly.

The second issue is, the wedge scanner automatically issues an auto enter after each scan but when we try on OMNI XT10 the enter is not issued and for getting into our code we have to manually hit enter on the device.

I would like to undertsand the reason why FNC1 separator is not appearing with OMNIXT10 but with the wedge scanner.

Secondly why the auto enter is not taking place.

Are these two issues because of device settings of OMNI XT10 and technician needs to look into it or something is wrong with the ITS and corrected from SAP.

I need help urgently on this issue.

Thanks

Neha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In each bar code type is specified the Application identifiers for that bar code type. Please make sure you are using the correct application identifier. If this is specified correctly & still not working, then you will need to check into the device settings of OMNI XT10.

Answers (0)