cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swift Integration Package for PI - Use Files or Proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an scenario with SAP BCM ehp 4 (SAP ECC 6 ehp 6) and SAP Integration Package for Swift 6.22 (SAP PI 7.31). We are looking for the best way to implement the communication between SAP BCM and Swift through SAP PI, but we have some doubts. There are two ways to send information between SAP BCM and SAP PI. The first one is using files and the second one is using proxies. We want to know what are the differences between them?. For instance, is it possible to process "messages status (ACK, NACK)" using files or is it possible to process FileAct "messages status (ACK, NACK)" using files.

Are there any advantages when you use proxies instead of files?

What are the differences between proxies and files?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Julian,

to me using proxies/webservices would be the preferred option. The argument is not so much technical, but security. If you use files you always have to worry about the possibility of file modification or deletion. It is difficult to monitor a folder. With webservices you have direct connections, complete monitoring, no files that can be manipulated and generally safer transactions.

Between ECC and PI I would recommend to explore the content delivered by SAP and Enterprise Services provided by SAP. They should make integration easy and quick to develop. Plus, you use standard implementation, which is always safer and gives you the option of calling SAP support in case of errors or problems.

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your comments.

We decided to implement our scenarios with proxies. However, I have a question: Do I have to design all mappings?, I mean, with the scenario of files, SAP ECC has to create a file in a directory and then SAP PI reads this file. The Integration Package for Swift has two modules to use in file adapters: FINConversionToSWIFTModule and FINConversionFromSWIFTModule. I suppose that these modules understand Swift Standard therefore they can encrypt and decrypt (using HMAC256 Key) the message from SAP ECC to Swift and vice versa. My point is: if I will not use files, how can I transform the XI message to Swift message? Are there any mapping programs in Standard Software Components of SAP PI like the following ones: SAP APPL, ESA ECC-SE and some others.

Thanks in advance,

Julian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

Do I have to design all mappings?

Yes almost. With proxy I can not say much, but I quess you might need to do some in order to send out similar file than you defined in ECC.

I suppose that these modules understand Swift Standard therefore they can encrypt and decrypt (using HMAC256 Key) the message from SAP ECC to Swift and vice versa

Swift package will do the encrypting but it is just for security reasons. Package will understand Swift standard since it can create Swift format using files.

The Integration Package for Swift has two modules to use in file adapters: FINConversionToSWIFTModule and FINConversionFromSWIFTModule

Actually there are more. Those  you mentioned are for FIN messages. You also have possibility to use FileAct modules like: swift/FileActConversionToSwiftModule.

How can I transform the XI message to Swift message?

Whatever the content in XI message has, you need to send out the payload in bank standard format as you imported/defined in ECC. Also please import required Swift XSDs from their site.

Are there any mapping programs in Standard Software Components of SAP PI?

No, there are no mapping programs in standard SWCVs. For the incoming status messages you have standard Enterprise Service interface in SAP APPL. You need to do mappings for that. You can send ACK/NACK messages into ECC as SOAP messages, not in file format.

Hope this helps,

Mika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Can you please help me by providing reference documents on integration/Installations/Configuration between SAP ERP and SwiftNet. I tried to search on SCN but not getting much useful information to understand the overall process in details and step by step guide to setup the e2e process for Swfit Netwrok.

Please forward documents if handy with you @ rajendratripathi079@gmail.com

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

With outbound messages such as payment requests, sending out from BCM to PI is maybe better to do with proxies if possible with encryption.

Using files you need to store files into filefolder/ftp and make PI to fetch those even though you can also encrypt messages so that no one can read those. If you use enterprise services or IDocs, you need to consider the encryption of messages since you don't want to all monitoring users see the content of payment requests. In file you can set who can access to filefolder and is it possible to do changes but also you can encrypt messages.

Outbound status messages are handled with Enterprise Services such as CollectivePaymentOrderNotification. With bank statements - those can be just forwarded to ECC using filefolder for example.

I strongly advice you to reconsider the need of Swift Package for PI since as mentioned above, you can do Swift-integrations without that. Only what I felt was good in Swift component was the encryption of messages in PI and splitting (can be easily done as standard).

Also note, Swift Package is using fileadapter in outbound (payment request) interface.

With FileAct you need to create parameter and payload file where the parameter file contains information about payment file such as payment request type, is it zipped and so on.

Please send me a PM if you need to discuss about this even more detailed.

Br, mika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

did you see these blogs?

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/03/22/e-payment-a-customized-solution-o...

i would choose proxies as they give you more flexibility in handling and processing the data.