Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement 706927 ?

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All experts ,

I have some question when I would like to implement the note  SAP Note 706927 - Oracle DB-Mon: Installation script for ST04N/DBA Cockpit

1.please explain :

If you do not want the existing snapshot information to be deleted, export it before you execute the script.

2.How to identify :

Use the dbmon46.CAR package for Releases 4.6C and 4.6D.For all higher versions, use the dbmon.CAR package.

3.What all files need to be taken export before we perform this?

4. Can we perform this online ?

Regard's

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Please check the answers below.

1. Since the script will delete the old snapshot information, as a safer side you can take the export of those information

2. Please check your SAP version. They are talking about the SAP version.

3. you can export the existing snapshot information.

4. yes we can do it online as SAP note didnt mention anything with respective to downtime.

Regards,

Raja. G

Saikumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thank you for replay. I was looking for what exact snapshot it is referring to. Meany all the dictionary tables in SYSTEM and SYSAUX tablespace.

Thank you.

Regard's

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

As they mention in the note while executing the script will delete the snapshot(data) used only by the transaction st04n. If you wan to be backed up those details take an export.

I have pasted the relevenat content from the SAP note you have mentioned for your reference.

When you start the SQL script create.sql or create_11_2.sql (for Oracle Release 11.2 or higher), the system deletes snapshot tables that are used only by transaction ST04N and the DBACockpit and then recreates them with the COMPRESS option set to ENABLED. If you do not want the existing snapshot information to be deleted, export it before you execute the script. The system also creates views and synonyms (which access particular X$ tables of the user SYS) for the SAP user.

Regards,

Raja. G