cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to plan even during weekends in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client has a calandar wherein weekends are holiday but during peak season they work round the clock even during weekends.

When i run the SNP HEuristic it does not create a plan during weekend but schedules it on a workday.Is there way where we can plan during weekends for a specified period say only NOvember and December.

thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Rajan,

Create two Time streams, One is for 5 days working and one is for 7 days calendar, and The planning calendar should be 7 working days.

And now assign the required time stream whenever you want to run. Example in November you can change the time stream in the location master to 5 working days .

Hope it'll help you.

Regards

Debashis

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

You'll need to adjust your calendar accordingly. The production calendar (in case of in-house production) or receiving calendar (in case of external procurement) needs to be set weekends as working days.

Calendars are set in /sapapo/calendar. Even you have set up he rules that only Monday~Friday are working days, you can also adjust the calendar's periods manually to add the weekends as per you requirement.

You may also need to adjust transportation calendar and resource calendar according to your requirement and your scenario.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi/ADA,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried earlier with the suggestions given by you both but it still does not show weekends as working days.

Steps which i did:

1. Created a TSID with Working time (with Gaps), did not  assign any factory calendar.Used Calculation rule as Weeks and assigned 5 days a week. Added 1st November 2013 and 2nd Nov 2013 as working days.

2. Assigned the TSID to the LOCation in LOC3.

3.Created a resource , the resource shows Factory Calendar as it is assigned in the plant in ECC.

4. When i chekc the Time continuos or bucket capacity then the resource does not show any capacity on 1st NOvember and 2nd november.

Kindly let me know if i have missed something.

Raj

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Time stream is just a planning calendar. Changes in TS will not impact the resource availability.

Read more about Time stream on

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1484978

For time continuous capacity / bucket capacity to be available on specific days, those days should be defined as work days in Factory calendar itself. You can use special rules to define these work days. The transaction is SCAL.

Create a factory calendar with Mon-Fri as Work day from say Jan to Oct and all weekdays as work days for Nov and Dec. Assign this factory calendar to Resource. Create a TS based on this factory calendar (/n/sapapo/calendar).

Regards,

Ravi

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj, since resource does not evaluates the time stream calender,  instead it evaluates the factory calendar, changing time stream calendar would not affect the resource capacity. What is this resource used for? Transportation resource, handling resource, or production resource? -- We even do not know whether you're creating production order or stock transfer requistion ...

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

If you are using weekly buckets to plan in SNP then the date of planned orders / Purchase requisitions will be determined using period factor. I think due to this setting the plan is always created on a work day.

You may try to play around using the Time stream. (Transaction: /n/sapapo/calendar)

Eg. Create a Time stream using 7 day calendar & then delete the rows of sat and sun in the months when client is not working on Sat & Sun.

Regards,

Ravi