cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool list recipient disappears after periodic job released

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Current landscape is ECC6 EhP6. SAP Netweaver 731 SP5.  We recently finished the upgrade to EhP6 from EhP4 where the functionality worked fine.

We seems to be happening is when we setup a periodic background job and assign it a spool list recipient, the first run is fine, spool sent to the recipient, but subsequent releases of the job no longer have teh spool list recipient assigned.  I've confirmed this on our QA and DV system..  Rather oddly, on teh DV system there are 2 clients, one for config, one for testing.  the config client seems to work fine, that is the recipient doesn't disapper.  However on the testing client it does.  This makes no sense to me.  I've used DDIC and my owne account and doesn't seem to matter either.

Has anyone ran into this issue? 

Thanks

Laurie McGinley

SAP NaturE System Analyst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

david_liu1
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the following two notes as a first step:

662735  - Spool list recipient disappears during rescheduling
1125583 - BCS: Report to correct number range objects

Execute the report RSBCS_NUMBER_RANGE in your system in client 000 firstly with activated 'Test' flag(flag on selection screen) after program start.

Take a look at the output of the program.

If there is a row in it with 'red' sign / "lamp", than please execute it again, but please, of course, by this step, remove the 'Test' flag after program start.

Regards,

David

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks David,  I've reviewed those Notes and  I believe that test was run and is OK.  I've ended up opening a ticket so will see what they say.

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Laurie,

Did SAP help you solve this issue?

We are experiencing this issue in SAPKB70211.

Thanks

Bruce

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

yes, in our case 1125583 was the Note with the steps to correct.

Laurie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

So, after contacting SAP support, it appears the issue is the result of client copies during an upgrade.  So by running RSBCS_NUMBER_RANGE on client 000 we found numbers out of sync and the report corrected thos numbers when not run in test mode.  The spool list recipients are now staying set as they should.

Thanks for your replies and useful information.

Note 1125583 addresses how we fixed it.

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos