cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZMCR Status Not Updated to Implemented

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Following the resolution included in the KBA 1707688 (Customized Request for Change transaction cannot be confirmed), I recently was able to resolve the issue whereby the ZMCR remained in status Being Implemented after the ZMMJ had been Imported to Production.

Since then I have made some configuration changes (transport request import strategy) so that the transport request cannot be imported to production until the ZMMJ status is Released for Import (E0014). Without that configuration the transport request can be imported to production once the ZMMJ status is Successfully Tested (E0009).

Unfortunately, now the previous issue with ZMCR has reappeared: its status remains Being Implemented even after ZMMJ status is Imported to Production. Does anyone have suggestions on how to resolve this?

Here is the configuration that was done as part of the KBA.

Here is the configuration that was done for the transport request import strategy.

Thanks,

Shawn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without implementing a specific solution it appears as though this issue has been resolved. SAP has been investigating since October and now within the past two weeks neither them or myself are able to reproduce the issue. The ZMCR is updated to Implemented as expected and when expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update for anyone who might be following. My message with SAP is still open. They have not been able to find a solution (or a reason for the issue). Strangely, as I have witnessed myself one time, the ZMCR status updated as expected for their test change documents but it does not when I retest to confirm. Still seeking ...

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Did you tried debug/trace?

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

We haven't looked at this via trace yet because it only happens for change documents assigned to a project for which a transport import strategy has been defined. For example, today I created a ZMCR and was able to get it automatically to the Implemented status after setting the ZMMJ status to Imported into Production.

For the issue, the transport import strategy requires some intermediate statuses before the Imported to Production status is assigned to the ZMMJ.

Thanks,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Imported to Production must have Action SET_PREDOC and Value for Predecessor set ZMCR to implemented f.e. E0005

Check AIC setting :

• First find what number E00XX your Imported to production status have f.e. in standard its E0006
  • Second
  • Now check

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that configuration, as shown in your screenshots, is in place but the issue persists.

Regards,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Can you show aic setting for E0014

example

How did you defined your custom status here?

regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shawn,

Can you check / customize ZMMJ E0014 for setting ZMCR to E0005.

May be system isn't reacting for ZMMJ E0006 as final status because of import dependent strategy settings, just to check.

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Here is the configuration for E0014.

I will configure E0014 to set the status of ZMCR to E0005 as you suggest. I had thought of this but it should not work this way. At least we'll know if that is the issue at which point a message can be opened with SAP.

I will be in touch after I test this change.

Cheers,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shawn,

Before you change logic, can you try change E0014 sequence to 2 ? and then test again,

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately I tried both suggestions and neither worked. I am going to open a message with SAP. I'll let you know the resolurion.

Thanks,

Shawn

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shawn,

Any reply from OSS message from SAP ?

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

No reply yet. I'll post an update when the issue is resolved.

Cheers,

Shawn

vervinckt_joyca
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shawn,

Can you check the action that changes the status from E0014 to E0006?

In the standard, the action that changes the status from E0009 (Successfully Tested) to E0006 (Imported into Production) contains two container values. One to set status E0006, and one for PREDOC_STATUS.

Kind regards,

Joyca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyca,

Thanks for the input. I checked the configuration you suggested; the copied contains the same configuration as the standard. My message with SAP is still open. I just heard back from them today and so far the agent could not find any reason why this behaviour should exist.

Take care,

Shawn