cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RRB DP91 - 'Amount Already Cancelled' Column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me here please.

I am finding that some of my time and expenses are not available to be billed as they are 'already cancelled' but I am not clear what this means or how this cancellation has happened ... can anyone explain what the figures in this column mean and what's more, how to 'un-cancel' them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there anyone out there that understands the DP91 'work-sheet' - what does the 'amount already cancelled' column mean and what is setting it?

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

in DP90, may be you have already billed/Rejected  the values or just entered and came out without creating Billing request

In both of the above cases you can see the amount in the Amount billed column

you go to DP90, Edit--Undo Rejection

try this and revert

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh - this is helpful but I am still confused between 'Amount Rejected' & 'Amount Already Cancelled'.... what system event is writing values to these columns (both of these columns are greyed out in DP90/91) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Patrick,

Do you have and cancelled expenses apart from rejection in DP91. I believe the expenses which you cancel out side DP91 also comes in this column. e.g. Canceled timesheet after co postings.

I hope this will help you analyze why are seeing values in amount canceled.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod - I appreciate the feedback but I did check that when you suggested it previously and no time or expenses have been rejected (via Time/Travel Management) in this example.

As Santosh has suggested, I can use DP90/91 to reverse the rejection/cancellation but I am not clear how these fields/columns are being populated as they are greyed out in these t-codes?

Regards.

Patrick.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

This field will be populated only when debit memo is created and deleted, . We had experience this kind of issue when user created Debit memo request and deleted it, by doing so the value shown as cancelled

unfortunately we cannot trace the deleted debit memo request as well

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

I know this response is coming a bit late, but I have just run into this exact same scenario.  I can tell you what has happened in the system I am currently working in, that may shed some light on this.  In my case the user, deleted the QTY TO BE BILLED and did not put that value in any other column.  The system is treating it as if it were a rejection, which if you actually duplicate these steps, it will actively place this quantity into the rejection field.  DP99A will also show it as a rejected amount, on the line item, but not the header (very misleading).  Furthermore, it will not appear available to "undo the rejection in DP91" but is available to "undo rejection" in DP90. 

To complicate matters, in DP90 it is populating in the QTY ALREADY CANCELED field.

I cannot tell you why the system is responding this way, but this may help to serve others in their investigation into what occurred. 

I can tell you that credits or debits outside, but referenced to the contract are not showing in this field in any system I've worked in, so I'm not sure this is correct.  This is the first time I've ever seen a value in this field, so I am glad I stumbled across your post.

Regards,

Joedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joedy - thanks for taking the time to reply.

I have since discovered this very interesting article in the SCD Wiki Resource-related billing (RRB) - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki that contains a lot of helpful information.

Good luck.

Regards.

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team - is there anyone out there that can throw some light onto this issue - I'm just not sure how to get over this without understaning what is 'cancelling' these expenses. From an accounting point of view there is no apparent difference between the amounts that can be billed and the amounts that have been cancelled .... the expenses have been paid and cleared in both cases without issue?

Any contributions welcome.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that column shows you amount related to your rejected hours or expenses from all your previous billing cycle.

I am not sure you can un-cancel any of this.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod - thanks for the reply but I do need believe that is the answer - none of my expenses have been rejected?

Regards.

Patrick