Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process XML file in SAP without XI/PI

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have XML file from Sending system ( Non SAP - sending from same business ). I need to create Notification IW21 using XML and need to send back Notificatin number to Non SAP System without using XI / PI.

I saw couple of answers in this forum this can be achieve by FM IDOC_XML_FROM_FILE.

But I need to acheive this with SAP Web Services. Please suggest me.

Points will be rewarded for any suggestions.

With Regards,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala

Can you check if the below blog helps you

http://scn.sap.com/people/thomas.jung/blog/2005/05/13/calling-webservices-from-abap-via-https

Regards

Srinivas

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help srinivas, this blog is huge. Let me check and I will get back to you.

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

That isn't an easy task I guess...

You can expose remote-enabled functions and BAPIs as a web service.

In that case, you can provide the sender party with a WSDL file and they act as a consumer.

You can make that synchronous to send back some feedback.

In case no standard SAP function or BAPI covers your requirements, you can always create one yourself and expose that.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your response.

I saw one of the response says we can schedule the job using program to run the web service.

Here it is..

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1272825.

If I create my own.. is this WEB Service or program to call the web service.

we can do the webservice execution online by selecting my service , EXECUTE button and Select radio button Initial data, and upload the file from Desktop or common folder and execute.

Please suggest if you have any idea!

With Regards,

Bala M

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

This sounds like you are the consumer?

In your initial post, you need to expose a web service by using a function or BAPI.

In your second post, it seems that you are the trigger to send data to the receiver, correct?

If yes, create an ABAP program to collect data and send it. That program can be scheduled (with a variant) to run at specific times.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes. My client can generate a XML file for me and place into some common folder, I need to pick that file ( Its not regularly generated @ some conditions only ), then my WEB SERVICE should Identify when the file is dropped and it needs to pick it up automatically and process the Notification.

Eg : This org. having different systems includes SAP, Other system will generate XML file occasionally, Whenever file has been dropped, SAP should Identify the file and needs to pick up and process Notification.

I think its clear now. Sorry for the confusion.

With Regards,

Bala

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess you need to write some ABAP

Just for my information: why no SAP PI/PO in the landscape?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member185978
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

For some reason, they have discontinued with XI system.

With Regards,

Bala M