cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM alert based on roles...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need role-based alerts. Accordingly, when a task is delayed, the assigned resources should receive alert (this is fine and can be based on standard alert). What we additionally need is that the alert should go to the Person Responsible for the phase only when the delay is by, say, 10 days. The first alert must not go to the person responsible for the phase, and the second alert should not go the assignees...

Possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to be a little creative here.  First off, Aggregated Severities needs to be set for your Project Type. I envision this happening with the creation two sets of severities on tasks and phases - one with notifications and one without.  Imagine this scenario:

Case 1. Task - is late by < 10 days

1.     Task Sev A is calculated/set on the task. This triggers workflow to task-assigned roles.
  2.     Sev number is low, so it is not aggregated up.  (No notification to phase's responsible person)

Case 2. Task is late by >= 10 days

1. Task Sev B is calculated/set on the task. This may or may not trigger workflow to task-assigned roles. (Design as desired).  Same sev icon may be retained.
  2. Sev number is high, so it is aggregated up. Same sev icon may be retained.
  3. With the sev calculated/set on the phase, workflow is triggered to phase's responsible person.

I hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lawrence, definitely creative!!

What severity is low? I mean, until what number is the severity low so that the message does not aggregate? In the background job, DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO, there’s an option to aggregate severities. Is this what you referred to?

On another point, how can we set (design) for the task assignees to not receive alerts?

What number corresponds to high severity?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anything to help, Deepak

You turn aggregated severities on in SPRO, for the activity "Define Project Types".  (Path:  PPM  >  PRO  >  STR)  Under the heading "Evaluations and Dashboard" you can set the "Aggregate Severities" flag, which will do the "roll-ups" whenever Evaluations are triggered (i.e. by "Schedule" or "Save"). 

When you use DPR_EVE_BATCH_DPO's "Aggregate Severities" in conjunction with the setting in SPRO, you get the rollups (i.e. "with background processing").  Else it only happens when Users trigger Evals with "Schedule" or "Save".)

As for how to figure out the numbering in AggSev:  Really, designing severities is like designing user statuses - you define what "score" each severity has, and if you've got AggSev turned on, that number will roll up, much like how the "high" number in a status profile is picked as a next status.  Take a look at this help content, which pretty much explains it all:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm50/helpdata/en/4b/69ec384ce474fee10000000a421937/content.htm?frameset...

Be advised, though, that if you're going to aggregate severities, you have to assign larger "score" numbers to higher-level objects.  That way you don't have to worry about not-so-critical severities at the lower task level to agg up.  It's pretty cool stuff, really.  This is the precursor to true exception management usage of PPM dashboards, without having to resort to complicated metrics management and custom code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I think that you can complement your requirement using the BADI DPR_ALERTS~CHANGE_ALERTS_OF_PROJECT. In this BADI you can implement a bussines rule to change the receptor of alert.

Regarding the severity, if you work with aggregated severities, you have to use numbers. The higher the number, the higer the aggregated severity that is set up.

Remember, that you can trigger severities (manual and aggregated) in three diferent way:

1. Button save, Button check and background job

2. Button check and background job

3. Only background job

Best regards,

CAMILO URIBE

Answers (0)