cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Field content in IDoc segment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Recently the MII environment was upgraded from 12.2.3.7 to 12.2.6.2. The IDoc Listener had to be reconfigured due to problems.

Ever since, we are getting wrong field content for a certain IDoc field. The field is the VORNR (operation number) in the LOIPRO.

When the operation is supposed to be '0020'. A different value is registered by MII. This worked just fine in the past.

Example:

Content from IDoc WE02

Content from XML as passed to Transaction in MII:

The value of VORNR has changed from '0020' to 'TA20'. Could this be due to the MII version upgrade, or the reconfiguration of the IDoc Listener?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You can view the IDoc in the XMII_JCO_MESSAGES table of NetWeaver or by selecting it from the Message Monitor and pressing the display button (Newer releases have this button).  This holds an exact copy of what was received from ERP and may help with your analysis...also try changing the user authenticating against ERP so that you login to ERP with the same user as MII is using and see if the data matches then.  I have seen ERP display different values based on the user configuration and permissions.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the IDoc Content from the Message Listener I see the content is '0020', so correct.

By the time the data is passed to the transaction-parameter, the field has a different content 'TA20'.

0 Kudos

Philippe,

I am happy to hear that the Message Monitor version of the IDoc has the expected value as this means the connection between ERP & MII is working as expected.

How do you have the Message Processing Rules setup, to a transaction or to a category?  Also, in the processing transaction how are you verifying the contents of the IDOC?  Make sure that your "XPath" to retrieve the value is the right one and that you're not directly referencing a node with the same XPath higher up in the XML definition that you are actually grabbing in place of the value you are expecting.  I have made this mistake before...

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Processing Rule is set up towards a transaction. The XPath is definitely correct. The first processing block in my transactions writes the Transaction parameter towards a database (for debugging). The content here is already showing wrong value.Strangely, the problem occurs when going through the normal procedure (order release) or using RCCLORD. Sending the IDoc again through WE19 however will give the correct content...

Given these factors and the fact that the problem occured after an MII Upgrade, I'm leaning towards a bug ...

0 Kudos

So, just to recap, in both cases (RCCLORD & WE19) the IDoc appears properly in the Message Monitor but differently in the MII Transaction where you write the value immediately to a logging table.  Also, in both cases the message listener and processing rules, and transaction are the same.

Thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct

0 Kudos

Definitely a bug then, please create a ticket so that we can follow-up with you via primary support.  I am surprised that nobody else has hit this but am curious to find out what the real issue is...

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a ticket and will keep you posted on any progress. Thank you for your input.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philippe,

Hard to imagine how MII would have changed an operation (and only an operation).  Please check the NW logs where there should be a copy of the IDoc.  If there is no copy increase the logging until it shows up so you can see what is being passed.  You may also want to take a look at the originating ERP system to see what is being passed. 

Regards, Mike