cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from SAP PI 7.0 to 7.3 (With OS change)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends & Experts,

We have a migration project on our hands, where we need to migrate to 7.3 from 7.0. Also the OS changes to SUSE Linux.

There are BPM scenarios, Java and ABAP mappings and Custom Adapter modules.

Would the BPM work if we do a simple file export and import to the new system?

Also How would the Java mappings and Custom adapter modules react to the change?

Also, There is a scenario (NFE Brazil) which deals with E-invoices to Brazil. It has around 30 BPMS and looks extremely complex.

When I looked at the objects, it looked like standard content and looked as if it was out of the box functionality.

However, there might have been some tweaks to it, but I am not sure about it. I want to know if this NFE communication is a standard XI component that is installed by SAP, and can be used out of the box.

Also, how does one plan the cutover strategy considering the fact that a large number of interfaces have to be dropped into production at one time.

Note: There are around 250 interfaces

Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

For the cutover planning, you would need to plan out carefully which batch of interfaces goes live first into the new PI system. Normally you would need to have several waves of cutover. It would be very difficult to go-live in one go. Try to come up with the table and assess the SAP boxes and internal/external systems involved and group together according to the applications and interfaces that need to go together. Hope this also helps.

For some of the objects, the only way to find out as well is to make a quick proof-of-concept on how it will work on the new PI environments.

Regards,

Madina

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Madina.

Yes it makes sense to have a go live in batches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavan

Can you please review the below note- Its Solution for  GRC ccBPM replacement for  PI 7.31 -Java only

Note 1743455 - GRC NFE - SEFAZ Communication using PI 7.31 AEX

Regards

Srinivas

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i will add few points.

are you going for dual stack or single stack?

Would the BPM work if we do a simple file export and import to the new system?

it will work if you are going for dual stack.

Also How would the Java mappings and Custom adapter modules react to the change?

there are some differences between PI 7.0 and 7.1,7.3.etc

check this. http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/Using+PI+7.1+API+for+Java+mapping

since you are at 7.0 you have to install fresh 7.3 system then migrate.

there are many links and documents related to this in scn. please search it.

just do little search in scn to get an idea about upgrade scenario. then start your questions here.

http://search.sap.com/ui/scn#query=sap+pi+upgrade+7.3&startindex=1&filter=scm_a_site%28scm_v_Site11%...

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muniyappan.

Yes it's dual stack and hence I hope the BPM would stay in tact.

Thanks for your points.