cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make this in ccBPM: Message 1:n split, then n:n sync call BAPI and mail error response?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have seached longtime and could not get suitable threads.

My scenario runs in PI 7.11.

1. The goods movement message (M1) would be taken by JDBC into PI.

2. According to Date and Company the M1 Message would be split into n messages M2 1..n.

3. Every M2 Message will call a BAPI syncy and commit it.

4. If the response has error, then create a Mail to contact person.

Could anyone give me a rough concept for this ccBPM?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards

Rene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had done a similar BPM where I would receive a request which had to be converted into N messages, sending 1 out of N messages each time. I however had to send it to two receivers, one after the other. Here is how it was done:

For your case, the steps should be like Amit specified. As you can see I have three steps inside the block for sending two sync messages one after the other followed by an async message. You should have only a single sync step inside the block. The request message is received as the first step & is then transformed by a 1:n operation mapping. The mode of block will be forEach. Refer to the below Integration Patterns in BASIS SWCV:

BpmPatternReqRespTimeOut, BpmPatternReqRespAlert, BpmPatternMulticastSequential

For erroneous response, you have to declare the exception branch & deadline branch as shown above.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Is it mandatory for you client to do it in ccBPM?, it's better to do it without it.

With ccBPM you can check this  Former Member's blog http://scn.sap.com/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-me...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

without BMP it is certainly nicer!

But I think, for such a complex scenario, it is almost impossible to make without ccBPM.

Could you explain how to resolve it without BPM?

Thanks and Regards

Rene

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

From my point of view, there are two options without ccBPM:

1. Two scenarios JDBC - RFC and other with PROXY - MAIL To wrap the BAPI with a Z Rfc. In the abap code if the RFC fails to call the scenario proxy - mail

2. One scenario JDBC - RFC - MAIL, you can develop it like this FILE -RFC - FILE http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69331

(i dont test with your case, i dont know if it can have any problem)

In the two cases, you can use multimaping without BPM if you have SAP PI 7.1 or above.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ur BPM flow will be something like this:

receive step -> transformation-> Block ( for each ) -> sync Send ( inside block ) -> evaluate the response (inside block)-> if erroneous response then send mail (inside block)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava