Define Storage Sections

Define Storage Bin Types

Define Storage Type Indicators

Define Storage Section Indicators

Define Strategy for Bulk Storage

Activate Storage Type Search

Activate Storage Section Search

Activate Storage Bin Type Search

and deletion of old settings and created new storage bin and assign to new storage type and section.

my question is before we move the configuration to PRD,what are the check list need to do.

For example cleaning of open TO,deletion of old storage bin etc.

We are moving the old WM to new WH so the design of rack,storage section search,storage type is totally new.

When i was dng testing in Quality,i deleted the old empty storage bin and block old storage bin.

Can you all plz suggest how to do the planning when i move the new config WM setting and deleting the old setting.

Thanks

Shri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think there is another important point to consider.

Remember that you have to link the warehouse number to the storage location, so you have to unassign the old WH number from the storage location and then reassign it to the warehouse number, but you cannot do it until you have stock in the storage location.

So there are 2 options:

1) you create a new storage location for the new warehouse number and you move the stock from old to new Sloc (probably yo will have to update all the master data)

2) you move all the stock to a different storage location and then you post it back the stock to the same storage location with a movement 311

Regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shri,

Do you have only one Bulk storage type strategy for the new WH ?

And what about your other strategies in existing old WH ?

Thanks,

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh/Sandip,

currently adding the bulk storage type with the existing setup but the search strategy and placing the stock is change due the new WH design.

now we have moved the new storage bin created in PRD

aft this i guess i will need to transfer all the open TR,TO to dummy storage type.

can u suggest ur expertise

Thanks

Shri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shri

I understood some what from your wording...You are using WM So you need to restructure the warehouse design ..so you configure the new storage type right...

Check  Points

Clear all open TR, TO, PCN

Move the all stock to dummy storeg type....

update the new Master date  in material master....T Code MASS ..

Develop the BDC For changing the storege type relevant stock  to new storeg type.

you test the all steps....

With regards

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion?