cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI PGP add-on unable to decrypt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've used SAP PI PGP Add-on to encrypt a file, and was able to create the encrypted file successfully.  However, when we try to decrypt the encrypted file using SAP PI PGP Add-on, we're unsuccessful.  The log shows:

However, when we try to decrypt the file (encrypted via SAP PI PGP add-on) using gpg4win, we're able to decrypt the it successfully.

We have tried to search for SAP notes about PGP, but there's not much info about this topic.

We have also tried to follow the guides (encryption/decryption) posted/shared by Shabarish Vijayakumar, but we're still unsuccessful.

We're still not using the unlimited JCE profile as I think this is not the reason why we can't decrypt using SAP PI PGP add-on.

I'm hoping that there's someone who might have experienced this problem and solved it.

I'd appreciate a few pointers on how I could fix this problem.

Thanks,

Rey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some points to consider,

-     Did you check if a file encrypted by non-PI (other tools) works fine with PI-decryption, this gives a hint to the issue, if it is specific to PI-encryption or not.

-     Recheck on Paths/ accessibility of Keys

-      if every parameter of PI-decryption is same as encryption (ex. Alg, signing, compression).

check if this link is useful if not done already.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0956fc4-c48f-2f10-29ba-d2ea7ae4f...

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share the screen shot of your communicatuon channel module configuration tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishnu,

Apologies for replying only now.

PI-decryption is unable to decrypt any encrypted file -- whether the encrypted file was created via PI-encryption or via 3rd party tools.  The encrypted file created via PI-encryption can be decrypted by 3rd party tools.

The link you shared was actually the same guide that we tried to follow.

Kind regards,

Rey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indrajit,

My apologies for responding only now.

I've checked with our PI guys for the screenshot of the communication channel module configuration tab that you asked for.  Please advise if this is what you were expecting or not.

Thanks,

Rey

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rey,

Are you trying to encrypt and decrypt the file in same comm channel?

if you want to decrypt the PGP file then use PGP module in Sender comm channel.

I can see you are using same key names for public & private key pairs. please check if they are correct or not(there might be chance you used wrong key pair)

please follow this blog for your decryption scenario.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/10/pgpdecryption-a-simple-how-to-gui...

thanks,

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is fixed now.  I'd like to thank everyone who took time to respond to my question.  The fix to my problem was really embarassing as it is basic.  I applied SP1 for the PGP module and problem solved.

Regards,

Rey