cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about IRPTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u plz tell me what is the actual need for going to IRPTS and where it will be usefull in real time

Thanks in Advance

APSARA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apsara,

Here i would like to add one more point. Reports are used in Real time applications where you have to pass the data dynamically within pages.

Report pages are HTML pages with special tags embedded in the page to indicate where dynamic content should be inserted. By combining standard HTML with the SAP xMII dynamic content, extensive control is provided over page layout, formatting, and inclusion of application-specific headers, logos, and other information.

Pls. award points if found helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apsara,

The purpose of the IRPT pages in xMII are,

1. In general to pass parameters from one page to another page we need to use session variable concept. In that case we need to pass variables by using setPropertyValue and getPropertyValue methods. But in the case of irpt pages you can pass the values in the URL name itself. Suppose if you want to pass the value of the variable1 from one page to another page you can append that value with the url like this.

window.open("urltoopen.irpt&variable1=<value1>","_self");

In this case irpt pages store the value of the variable in the Illuminator server instead of in browser.

2. Using irpt extensions you can generate the reports which are printer friendly pages.not user interface posible on the data

3. You can also use the localization concept only if your page is .irpt extension.

Example : Suppose you are developing a single page for different languages, you can use the same page for all the languages display. By writing {#<localization variable name>}. Only prerequisite for this you need to define that particular word already in the localization tab.

I hope this exaplanation gives you enough idea about the IRPT pages. If you have any doubts please come back to me.

Reward Points if it is Useful

Regards

Vijaya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apsara,

xMII use irpt for report generation purpose.

HTML content to be created to provide comprehensive production reports combining data from multiple sources and multple prsentation formats into a format available for display or printing.

For html page creation Frontpage will be more helpul.

Thanks & Regards

Ramshanker