cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAILURE : java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My client connecting to my pi server is saying that.

We receive more and more often connection time-outs when connecting to this URL:

https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

We have Read time outs :

FAILURE : java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

This value is set to 15 000 milli secs from our client, which I quite a lot.Can you please investigate this read time-outs?

Could you please help me in investigating this issue. what answer can i give to my client.

Regards,

Ch. Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

When ever there is this timeout issue the reason might be that the target server port is closed. Its not listening to the PI receiver adapter. In such cases to prove your point get into the client network and at the Operating system command prompt use commands like

telnet (IP address) (port number)

or

ping (target server IP).

If you do not get a response , inform respective team and the business.

Regards

Anupam

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Is it when the payload is high when time outs occur. Is the data valid when such calls are done.

It might be application issues at the target which might be causing time outs. Explore those aspects as well.

Ambrish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do the following ...

a) Check whether firewall rules are established between the client and PI server port 50001(ex) in your landscape. If not then they cannot make connection.  This must be the reason.

b) If you use sender adapter is something like http or soap adapter (like webservice) you can test your soap sender using soapui and see whether you are able to reach PI. Remember you might be within the same network that of PI box...

C) Any recent changes in Ip address or URI or port number changes in PI or etc. Take help from BASIS or system administrators to check the network access and port connectivity/firewall rules etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

Thanks.

a)-All fire wall rules have been set up earlier.

c)-No change in ip address

b)-We use SOAP adapter. So checked from soap ui by entering url in rest project and i'm able to connect and get the request.

Could you please help in checking more options...if these are the possible cases, what can i reply to client i mean any checks needs from his side.

Regards,

Ch.Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

as Baskar said, this is most probably a firewall issue. You confirm that since you can connect from inside the network via soapUI. There may be proxies on the way from your client to the PI system. Have you checked them, too? Given the right credentials and server names?

Regards,

Jörg