cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles for an ABAP Developer in ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In our client server(ECC6.0), for ABAP Developer SAP_ALL profile is assigned. I want to restrict this user.

If I see standard roles, there are many roles related to developer.

I found one standard role: SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER. Is this one role sufficient for an ABAP Developer ?

Please, guide me how to restrict this user.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundhir

You can create the Z role form SAP_ALL profile, in that remove the all the basis transactions and then provide only in development system.  in our environment we have created like that way.

and refer the SAP link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/45/66c9e611841b24e10000000a155369/content.htm

Otherwise you can create a Custom developer role, refer the links for developer t code's

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Developers'+Transaction+Codes

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

>  You can create the Z role form SAP_ALL profile, in that remove the all the basis transactions

If we assign like you said, he can access all the T-codes except basis T-codes. That means he can access all the other T-codes. I want to restrict the user from accessing all the T-codes except ABAP Developer T-codes.

In the second link which you have mentioned the list of ABAP Developer's T-codes. It is useful, but I think some T-codes might be missing. I have to check it out.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir

>  You can create the Z role form SAP_ALL profile, in that remove the all the basis transactions

If we assign like you said, he can access all the T-codes except basis T-codes. That means he can access all the other T-codes. I want to restrict the user from accessing all the T-codes except ABAP Developer T-codes.

Yes, it’s possible you have to exclude the ABAP & Basis T codes

In the second link which you have mentioned the list of ABAP Developer's T-codes. It is useful, but I think some T-codes might be missing. I have to check it out.

1.SU53 - to find the missing authorizations, In case if developer find any authorizations are missing  simple execute the t code SU53 its will show the missing objects & rights

2. SP02 - to see the user spool

Create Z: Common role assign this role to all developers

Thanks

Sriram

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I would suggest you create a customized role and assign the tcode as per the requirement. Later you can adjust and restrict the authorization by maintaining the activity fields to corresponding authorization object.

Still if you want to use the standard role for ABAPer, please send us the requirement, will suggest the standard role for that.

regards

kartik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

We have only one developer in our organization. So I have to assign authorization to all the activities what an ABAP developer does.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

In that case, you can assign SAP_BC_DWB_ABAPDEVELOPER (as you mentioned in first thread) to that user which has all access to transactions needed for an abap'er.

Apart from that, you can give display access to abap'er by assigning role SAP_BC_DWB_WBDISPLAY for the same set of transaction as above.