cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Query Filter - Object from this Query is disabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BO 3.1 & when I am trying to filter a object in webi I am unable to select Object from this Query option. How do i enable this option?

I think i need to ask my Admin, What do you suggest?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Results from Another query feature available from  XI 3.1 SP3 onwards. Please check the Service Pack version of your BO.

In addition, to get this option activated, you need to have 2 refreshed queries in your 'Edit Query'. Once you have 2 queries with dimension objects, then you can go to either of them and select "Result from another Query" option.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

Thanks for the reply but I am asking about "Object from this Query" option being disabled and not "Result from another Query". I am currently working directly on the BOBJDEV server and not on my local workstation. The Business Object version that we are using is BO 3.1 SP5.

Please let me know if you know any solution to enable Object from this Query option.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Sorry for overlooking detail. As suggested by Mark, "Object from this query" only available when you use Single value operands like Equal to, Not Equal to, Less than, Greater than.

Lets say you use above option to form a condition like object 1 Not Equal to Object 2

From database point of view, above condition in SQL will be applied at the end. Once database prepares the result set to be returned, records in result set will checks Object1 and Object 2 values. Result set will return records where Object 1 and Object 2 values are different.

I hope above clarifies.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Object from this Query only works with single value operands - equal to, less than, etc.

What are you trying to achieve?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark & John,

Thanks for the reply. I completely understood that "Object from this Query" option will only work for single value operand.

Initially I thought that when we select "Object from this Query" option, i thought i can directly select an object over there but then I realized that it works only when we add a subquery, so now when i select a subquery I am able to drop an object over there like that of shown in the picture below.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks once again for answering the question.