cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2 Parameters used in B2B Add On in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a B2B scenario of Trading Partner (EDI using AS2 B2B Add On) ----> PI -----> (IDOC) SAP.  My trading partner provided their AS2 parameters (like AS2 identifier, AS2 URL, Port, Key certs, and encryption used) already to be used in AS2 sender commChannel.  They are now asking for my company's AS2 params to be used in their side. 

Question is for the AS2 identifier, url and key certs, how would I be able to determine these without going to Basis resource? 

I need help in determining these parameters. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_ha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ronwaldo,

1. AS identifier, usually this is provided by business. If not you can provide any meaningful identifier to your partner.

2. URL: this is documented in the SAP AS2 guide, recommend you to consult it.

3. key cert: you will need Basis help for this as you have to create a private key and certificate to decrypt incoming AS2 messages. You can use the same key to sign MDN messages or create a dedicated key for that purpose.

kind regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses. Please let me know if the following configs that i made are correct given that I'll be creating Sender and Receiver AS2 commChannels for Inbound and Outbound Messages

Sender AS2 CommChannel

URL - using the format http://server:port/auth/<PartnerName>/<MsgTyp> i got the Server and Port details from ICM Monitor then PartnerName and MsgType is something you can invent?

Sender's AS2Name - came from my trading partner.

Own AS2Name - not provided by business so i just made this up. Is this correct? But besides configuring this in commChannel do i need to configure this somewhere else?

Sender CC Configs

Receiver CommChannel

Recipient URL and AS2Name - came from trading partner

Own AS2Name - something i just made up

Receiver CC Configs

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at Part 2 of my blog again. Make sure IDs and names correspond with your sender's AS2 software configuration.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronwaldo,

I have a very similar scenario to work on currently. Please let me know if you were able to implement you scenario on AS2 adapter using B2B Addon in SAP PI. Please let me know the AS2 Adapter configurations you have done especially on below points:

1. Expected URL path

2. Expected Senders AS2 name

3. Expected own AS2Name

4. how to maintain certificates..

Since my customer do not have Test AS2 system environment, I am using a freeware - RSSBus AS2 system and trying to transmit EDIFACT Orders 96A data. Since am new to B2B integration, Please let me know the configuration settings to be done in the AS2 partner system and in PI inorder to process the data into ECC as ORDERS IDOC.

Appreciate your assistance on this.

Regards,

Vish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

I work with RSSBus, the providers of the free AS2 Connector that you're using. I cannot speak to the certificate management in SAP, and Ronwaldo has commented on how to determine the expected URL path, but with respect to the Senders AS2 Name and the Expected own AS2Name, these should correspond to the following:

2. Expected Senders AS2 name

Your local AS2 Identifier (Profile->Settings->Local Setup->AS2 Identifier)

3. Expected own AS2Name

The AS2 Identifier that you have configured for this partner (Partners->Settings->Trading Partner Info->AS2 Identifier)

In general, each side determines their own AS2 Identifier, using a unique value that has a meaning to your organization as Peter suggested, and then those values are exchanged so each partner can configure a profile for the other (i.e., the SAP administrator determines their own value for Expected own AS2Name and provides it to the partner).

Regards,

James Neeley

RSSBus, Inc.

http://www.rssbus.com/solutions/as2/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Somwhere it is not clear here what is own AS2 name.How do we get same ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

In general, this is something that you generate on your own and give to your trading partner. I suggest that you use a name that is easy to identify against your company or the department you are working with,

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it only defined in communication channel of AS2 sender and no where else in configuration.?

I am able to generate public key and certificate under view name AS2.Is this AS2 name ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

The AS2 Identifier (or AS2 name) is different from the certificate that is associated with the AS2 profile. Rather, it is an identifier that is used for routing the AS2 message in the headers of the communication, not unlike an email address is used to route an email message to it's destination. Typically, it is only used in the profile configuration in an AS2 solution, and not in the document itself.

James

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos