Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in namespace creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on simple scenario file to file

so that purpose i am creating product,technical system,business system and software component in the SLD.after creating these items in the SLD we need to import into ESB.in the ESB environment i got namespace creation error(run time error).below attached images represent the those errors.

so please give me the solution how to create namespaces in ESB and to overcome this problem.

Thanks and regards

sekhar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

As i have mentioned earlier with full generals rules for naming convention.Can you please try and share the screenshot if you face any issue furthur.

I hope once you fulfilll the guidelines which I have mentioned you,I hope you will not face any issue furthur.

Regards,

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to create namespace with the following name:-

urn:xyz.xyz.xyz.abc

Regards,

Ankit Baid

praveen_sutra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sekhar,

PFB the SAP PI Best practices should be followed for naming convention:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16239

Hope this will help you.

thanks and regards,

Praveen T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

As Bhaskar and Ambrish said earlier,can you please share the details error log.

And also for the best practise can you please follow below steps:-

Repository namespaces are used to avoid naming conflicts within object types in the ES Repository

General Rules

We Define namespace either

• based on business processes (namespace is global and independent from the organizational unit inside the company) or

• based on organizational units or geographical area (namespace implements different solutions for the company’s organizational units)

• or a mixture of both

In case if you are using urn than this the basic namespace guidelines.

Syntax

Based on processes:

Namespace :- urn:<Company URN>:<Process Level>:(<Further Levels>:)*<Application>

<Company URN> This could be www.abcd.com

<Process Level> Specify your process level hierarchy, such as process and sub processes, e.g., CRM – Sales – Pricing & Contracts

Namespace will seems like this:-

urn:abcd.com:ERP:Finance:Accounting

Regards,

Abhi

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

please click on details of the runtime error and revert back.

Ambrish

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try creating namespace with meaningful naming convention  without underscore for better practice.  I think you can remove underscore ...