cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger SFTP setup and known host store field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need some information regarding the SFTP adapter configuration. What value needs to be entered in the field "Known Host Store" ? Does it contain the path/directory of the PI server where the certificate of the target server is stored ?? Also I think the certificate(of the target system) needs to be stored in the PI server, how it can be done. My scenario is I need to get a file through SFTP and send it to the target system through SFTP. No mapping. Since I am new to PI it would be a great help if someone can give me in points the exact steps that needs to be followed. Please let me know if any more information is required. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What value needs to be entered in the field "Known Host Store" ? Does it contain the path/directory of the PI server where the certificate of the target server is stored ??

Yes, right.

Step by Step guide.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/05/29/sftp--certificate-and-troubleshoo...

PS : A common mistake is forgetting to move the public key of the SFTP server from SSH_hosts to the Known Hosts Key Store (after the first connection attempt by SFTP adapter)

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishnu very much for the quick response. I went through the guide and it  helped me a lot. In fact this document also states about the error and I found one that matches with my error. My error message is “Error type: COMMUNICATION_ERROR >> Error date: 10/3/13 3:54 PM >> Description: polling: Could not connect to remote host for listing of directory.; Reason: Could not create a new certificate for host <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com> [com.seeburger.dt.exception.DtException] [10/3/13 3:54 PM]”

Just want to double confirm. This error is happening because the public key has already been imported in SSH_hosts and it’s trying to import the certificate again. So now the solution is I need to copy the certificate from SSH_hosts to “Known Host Store”. In my case since in my communication channel the “Known Host Store” = “USERS/SFTPPartners/*” so the certificate needs to be copied from the view “SSH_hosts” to view “SFTPPartners”. Please let me know if I am correct. I am sorry as I am repeating things again becasue I don’t have the sufficient authorization to look into “Certificates and Keys” option and make changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need to move the certificate to Known_Hosts (USERS/SFTPPartners - in your case)

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Thanks Vishnu and Stefan for the help. The certificate problem got resolved and as per your suggestion. Also I would like to discuss one more error that I am getting in the Communication Channel monitoring even though everything is working fine. I am getting the below error message in the Communication channel monitoring.

10/7/13 5:06:35 PM

Polling failed, caused by: Task final state is RETRY or ERROR [10/7/13 5:06 PM]

Polling finished with errors. 0 files initiated. 1 file not polled due to errors. [10/7/13 5:06 PM]

0988697e-2f62-11e3-bc7a-0000027f7627

Error type: TASK_ERROR >> Error date: 10/7/13 5:06 PM >> Description: Polling finished with errors. 0 files initiated. 1 file not polled due to errors. [10/7/13 5:06 PM]

0988697e-2f62-11e3-bc7a-0000027f7627

Error type: TASK_ERROR >> Error date: 10/7/13 5:06 PM >> Description: File <xxxx.txt> could not be polled  from directory <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on host <xxxxxxxxxxxx.com>; Reason: removeFile: File xxxxx.txt could not be removed and will not be initiated. SftpStatusCode: SSH_FX_NO_SUCH_FILE; Reason: No such file.: No such file [10/7/13 5:06 PM]

10/7/13 5:06:26 PM

Processing task [10/7/13 5:06 PM]

10/7/13 5:06:26 PM

Polling started. [10/7/13 5:06 PM]

My current scenario is I have a SFTP server and using SFTP I am picking up a file from a directory and sending the file to the same SFTP server but to a different directory. In this same scenario I was having the certificate problem but got resolved as per your suggestion but the above error is coming up even though everything is working fine. Below are the details of the Sender Communication Channel.

Scheduler Interval: 2

Number of polling retries: 1

Polling retry interval (seconds): 120

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you select the option "Delete File" ?

It sounds like the Polling-Channel (or the user that performs the polling) is not allowed to delete the file on the server...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Yes I have selected the option "Delete File". As mentioned even though I see an error in the Communication Channel Monitoring the process is working fine. When I say "the process is working fine" I mean to say that the file is successfully picked up from source directory, successfully delivered to target directory and successfully deleted from the source directory. But when I go to Runtime Workbench --> Component Monitoring (Click on Display) --> Click on Non-Central Adapter Engines --> Click on Adaptor Engine --> Click on Communication Channel Monitoring --> Enter my sender communication channel name --> Click on Use Filter. There I see the above error messages. I am sorry if I am not able to understand when you say "not allowed to delete the file on the server". If you meant something else it would be nice if you can elaborate a bit more.

In other case when I don't select it then there is no error in the communication channel monitoring.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

are you using a PI-Server with multiple nodes (Server 0 / Server 1) ?

Cause if you are using multiple nodes, there could be a case that one node has picked up everything correct while the second node was not able to pick up the file any more and therefor produced this error...

If this is your setup, then you should specify a "logical resource" and refer to this resource in the field "Resource ID".

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Yes there are multiple nodes involved. Below is the screen shot of the communication channel.

I have never used Resource Id before but let me try and will revert back to you. Anything you can refer in this regard would be great help.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can specify the Resource ID in the Seeburger Workbench with the following parameters...

and then insert the "ID" in your SFTP-Channels...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for the late response. Thanks Stefan very much for the help. Now its working smoothly without any errors.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

the "Known Hosts Store" is the View in the NWA-Keystore which contains the certificates of the known hosts.

So upon your first connection to an SFTP-side, the Seeburger-Adapter will retrieve the certificate and store it in a separate View.

Then it needs to be copied to the "known hosts store" so that all further connections can use the certificate to connect properly.

Do you have the SFTP-Adapter-Documentation available ?

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for the responce. No I don't have the documentation but I went through the document that Vishnu provided above which is prepared by you which is nice. If this is the document you are reffering then I have it now. If no then if possible please mail it to me. It would be a great help again. Also I have provided my comments if you can put your views it would be really nice.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

if you provide me with your email-address, I can provide you with a download-link of the Standard-SFTP-Adapter-Documentation.

(which is different from the Certificate/Troubleshooting-Guide that I have provided on SCN)

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan. Please send it to kp_13j@yahoo.co.in

Thanks in advance.

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Done

Former Member
0 Kudos