cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify the Reset Password screen in SAP IDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

we want to modify the reset password application that allows users to reset their passwords in IDM?

I believe it could be some war file and modifiable. We just want to add some messages/ minor corrections.

Please advise if this is possible? if yes, what would be the name of the application and how to get it?

In case all above is possible, can we just modify and upload back the file to IDM server?

Thank you,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

The default Self Service Password reset screens are not modifiable and the interfaces are locked webdynpros.

I do not know if they can be accessed by the Rest API/HTML 5 UI functionality in SP8.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for the immediate response.

Have you come across any SAP documentation that says that this screen cannot be modified.

If so, please share as that will remove all doubt and we can talk to sap further on this...

also are these webdynpro screens or based on some portal component (.war) files?

Regards,

Ankur

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

I'm sure it's in the documentation somewhere, you can always raise an OSS note, but I did find the note in this presentation.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

Thank you so much again for the presentation. I have gone through this, and following are my observations/loa:

1. All the customizing if any, is happening through Identity Management tool/ MMC, so it is basically a complex component that is being tweaked with tools, so there is very rare chance of it being modified externally, say with NWDS, like we do with ESS BP Applications.

2. I have also opened an OSS with SAP, and am awaiting their inputs.

Thank you, and please share if you have any other insights on this...

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ankur,

Not too much else I can tell you except for the fact I know they are locked and have heard this directly from the IDM Product Managers.  Those screens are locked down and SAP will not support you if you manage to do any customization (I understand it is possible for a very experienced developer)

This lack of customization is something that comes up often and it is why SAP is offering the HTML5/REST interface options.

Good luck,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matt,

Where can I get more information on HTML5/ REST Interface? Perhaps that could be the answer to our issue.

Ankur

Answers (0)