Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Monitoring of DB (No ABAP no java) server

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using saphostagent (720 patch level 113) for ccms monitoring using solution manager system as CEN which is solman 7 with EHP1. We are getting all alerts file like filesystems usage and CPU Usage etc for SAP servers. We have installed hostagent on the DB server as well. Which do not have any ABAP or java services. We are facing problems while settign up alerts for this system.

Most of the notes and SDN posts found were for non ABAP java server. But this server does not have ABAP or java.  As of now I tried below:

Adding DB server as a host in RZ21 and then it appears as aganet for local system and also appears in RZ20.  But the entry remains as red due to communication failure as the sapccmsr servixe is not getting started at DB server and getting below error :

"

ERROR: Cannot open Monitoring Segment 99 rtc = 249

Last reported error: [249]  ShmCreate (SHM_CREATE | SHM_ATTACH) failed with rtc = 1

INFO: dsr: dsrlib unloaded.

EXITING with code 1"

I have tried both ways. Adding csmconf file generated from self system and with the one generated from CEN solution manager (I think second option will be wise option to set alerts). 

1. Please advise how to solve this and register and start sapccmsr on DB server successfully (If its necessary for monitoring; and with which csmconf)

2. Once problem in point 1 is solved; how to assign autoreactions. Right now; if I assign any central autoreaction method in solution manager to this system; it gets added to SAP servers but not to this DB Host. If I add DB host in RZ21 of solution manager system; even then it will be an issue assigning auto reaction methods

Please help

Thanks

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Last reported error: [249]  ShmCreate (SHM_CREATE | SHM_ATTACH) failed with rtc = 1

EXITING with code 1"

Looking at error sapccmsr is not able to write in shared memory , may be saposcol or hostctrl is runnign with root and due to permission sapccmsr is not ableto write in shared memory .

You can do one thing

i) stop saposcol or hostctrl

ii) clean shared memory properly

iii)start sapccmsr , make sure it has stopped properly before .

iv) start saposcol or hostctrl .

Hope this helps .

Thanks

Manas Behra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all try to stop all the process for the CCMS agent .

Cleanipc for the agent.

Have the agent been registered properly.

If not successfully registered you can try to unregistered it and and then re-registered it.

Please check the below note.

Note 1139623 - Using transaction RZ20 to monitor remote Oracle databases

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Manas and Sriram,

I stopped all saposcol and hostagent services. Did cleanipc 99 remove

Then kept csmconf file under location /usr/sap/tmp/sapccmsr

After that tried registering sapccmser with command sapccmsr -R      or start with sapccmsr -DCCMS.
But both cases end with below error

"

INFO Runtime:
      running on    <server name> Linux 274.0.0.0.1.el5 #1  Mon Jul 25 14:33:14 EDT 2011 x86_64
      running without profile
      DIR_CCMS             = /usr/sap/ccms
      DIR_LOGGING          = /usr/sap//D00/log
      DIR_PERF             = /usr/sap/tmp

INFO:
      pid           1181

EXITING with code 1"

We do not have profile parameters as this server has DB only (No ABAP or java)

Please help

Thanks

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi;

Yes; we already checked this note. The DB server is active under DBACOCKPIT as mentioned in note. Also we are able to see DB backup; tablespaces etc DB related alerts under Database > Oracle.

Here we are trying to add it under other MTEs like operating so that we get alerts like CPU Usage etc which are not covered under node oracle.

So we added it as host in RZ21 and now able to see DB node in RZ20. But not able to set alerts as sapccmsr connection to that host is failing. Also ; this is host entry and not appearing as SID so not able to assign auto reaction methods as well

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below note.

• For hostagent:
      Set in the host profile parameter "DIR_PERF = $(DIR_HOME)".
      sapccmsr -initshm pf=<path to the host profile>
      Remove the parameter "DIR_PERF = $(DIR_HOME)" from the host

Note 1787260 - CCMS: Mutual activity control of agents

Thanks

Risho Abrol

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks RIshi/All,

I tried these as well but still getting same error.

I've recently installed hostagent on DB servers for DB server monitoring and getting OS alerts like CPU usage on DB server. 

I tried doing this on DB of one other system; on which hostagent is not yet installed. I registered and started sapccmsr with csmconf file generated from solution manager system. And sapccmsr got registered successfully.  It caused me a doubt; whether I need hostagent or not. I just installed these as for SAP servers we have saohostagent. Please clarify the doubt.

Other than this; the problem is also; how to assign auto reactions to this DB server. If I add it as remote monitoring host in self system; it asks sapadm password with no option to change. And sapadm does not exist at OS level as hostagent is not  there. Even if I get sapadm created; and add it self RZ21 as remote monitoring host; any auto reactions assigned to this system from solman system; gets assigned to SAP servers but not to this one . Under node ( SAP CCMS Monitor templates > Operating system > CPU). And auto reactions exist in solman; so I cannot add it manually here in satellite system.

Then I tried adding it as a remote monitoring host in RZ21 of solman system instead. There it gives option to change sapadm to sidadm; and gets added successfully. Also I could add auto reaction manually as it exists in solman system. But as this host is present under CCMS entry of solman; it shows alerts with name of solution manager system.

I am confused whether it is possible to have alerts of DB server from a remote CEN solman or not. And we need hostagent or not. As sapccmsr gets started successfully withotu hostagent; but gives error with it

Please help

Thanks

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After the restart I was able to start sapccmsr exactly according to reply by Manas. This was the shared memory and sidadm and root problem.

But the autoreaction method assignment problem is stil there. Below is the problem scenarios:

1. If I start sapccmsr with csmconf file of solution manager system. The DB server of satellite system appears under RZ20 > SAP CCMS monitor templates > operating system  of the solution manager system. Like below

<Solution manager SID> \DB server of monitored system\OperatingSystem\CPU\CPU_Utilization

Here I can assign auto reaction method and get alerts. But alerts show SID of solman system and not of the system whose DB server it is. As it is under RZ20 of solman.

2. If I start sapccmsr with csmconf file of self system; it gets added in RZ20 > SAP CCMS monitor templates > Operatign system of self system. And SID is correct as below

<Self systemSID> \DB server of monitored system\OperatingSystem\CPU\CPU_Utilization

But this system does not have auto reaction methods as we are using solman central autoreactions only for all alerts. Also; this system do not have SCOT enabled.

Based on above two scenarios. Could you please confirm whether it is possible at all to have DB server alerts from solution manager system havign correct SID. Or I will need to create local auto-reaction methods in self system and enable SCOT.

Please help

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please try the below steps.

Go in RZ20 ---> Extra ---> Activate maintenance function

The copy set SAP CCMS Monitor Templates ---> Database

Now click in the copy button and copy it to

<SID>_ Database_Class

CLICK   Change Nodes (F7)(We need to change in all the Classes the System SID)

CLICK          Continue (Enter)

ENTER    Field “R3System”:     Enter System Name <SID> you wish to monitor

Try this if it helps.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

As advised; I have copied the node to another node where it allows me to make changes. I created a monitor set with SID of monitored system copied from standard monitor set where it was appearing.

Now I can see alerts here.  But the SID is still showing as solution manager.

The alert still shows details as below

<SID of solman>\<monitored DB server>\OperatingSystem\CPU\CPU_Utilization

I am able to change other properties; but the same shown above; I am not gettign any option to edit. Could you please help where I can change classes to name of monitored SID

Thanks

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that the last line in my comments you could change the SID.

ENTER    Field “R3System”:     Enter System Name <SID> you wish to monitor

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I could not find any such option where it asks or allows to enter SID.

I copied SAP CCMS Monitor templates > Operating system > CPU to another copied MTE.

Under change monitor the option I get is to select the nodes under all SIDs present in solman. But the DB server of monitored system is actually under the node to solman only and not under itself.

I think it is not possible to have CPU etc OS alerts from central solman with SID of self system. I tried different ways; but the SID is not editable anywhere. As all existing and new created/copied nodes are falling under RZ20 of solution manager system; which is uneditable

Thanks

Varun

former_member325638
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

After raising an OSS: got it confirmed by SAP. The doubt was correct. We cannot change SID in solution manager system to monitored system by any means. Either we need to have alerts form solman with SID as solman despite the alert being for monitored system's DB server; or we need to create auto reactions in self system and enable SCOT instead of jusing any central monitoring system.

So the first problem for starting sapccmsr was resolved by Manas's first reply. And for autoreactions; we will use either of the two possible situations mentioned above.

Thanks all for help on this issue

Regards

Varun