cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Cost element values are flowing to Quotation from ECP in Proj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am supposed to create a sales quotation from costs planned in Project using ECP. Following are the points that I have to consider while mapping business process in system:

1. Plan costs using ECP template in project

2. Create Sales quotation from ECP done

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System configuration done by me:

1. ECP Template:-

- No. of Junior resource:

- No. of days to work for Junior resource:

- No. of Senior resource:

- No. of days to work for Senior resource:

- Total estimated costs of Material:

So here, rates are maintained for combination of Activity types (of Junior and Senior resources) and cost centers in KP26.

Total estimated costs of Material is kept as a Variable item in template. And, I have mentioned Cost element (for example, XXXXXX) against which cost is planned.

2. DIP Profile:-

- Usage: 11 Quotation creation and Sales pricing

- Characteristics: Activity type, Cost element and Material are marked as Char. relevant, Mat. determination and No summarization.

- Source: 23 Easy Cost Planning with 100%

- Source criteria: I have created sets of Activity type and Cost element in GS01 and mapped relevant data in thess sets.

- Material Determination: (Here I have created and listed Service type materials)

(1) JR-RESOURCE: Here I have mentioned Activity type value which has cost rate of Junior resource.

(2) SR-RESOURCE: Here I have mentioned Activity type value which has cost rate of Senior resource.

(3) MATERIAL: Here I have mentioned same Cost element XXXXXX which is mentioned in ECP template's "Total estimated costs of Material".

(4) OVERHEADS: Here I have mentioned set of overhead Cost elements mentioned in Costing sheet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I am doing following steps:

1. Creation of an operational project and WBS elements.

2. ECP from CJ20N using above mentioned template.

3. Clicking Sales pricing icon in CJ20N.

RESULT

- All costs related to Activity type are flowing to Quotation. So, 2 line items "JR-RESOURCE" and "SR-RESOURCE" is created in Quotation.

PROBLEM

- Costs related to Material and Overheads are not flowing to Quotation. Hence, 2 line items "MATERIAL" and "OVERHEADS" are not created in Quotation.

Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, some how I got the solution to this problem. Following is solution:

(1) As I mentioned in my question - Source criteria has been put as Set of Activity type and Cost Elements. Consistency check of DIP profile shows multiple sources determined (ODP2L).

So, we have to mentioned source criteria either Activity type set or Cost element set.

(2) In Characteristics relevancy list, we should enable all those characteristics from which we want dynamically Sales Quotation line-items to be created. For e.g., if we want to determine sources as Materials, Activity types, etc. then all these should be enabled characteristic relevant. But, only Cost element should be enabled for "Material Determination" (which determines service material in Quotation).

Hope this helps everyone when configuring DIP.

Thanks.

Answers (0)