cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depending attributes in IDM 7.2 SPS8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to mark an attribute depending on other attribute(s)? In this specific case I have implemented missing license attributes in the RDS package. If you enter license type "11" in the field License_TYPE, I'd like to change the readonly value of 3 other atributes (BNAME, Client and SYSID) to changeable. Is this possible without a lot of customizing work?

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

we have gone another way with the licence maintainance in IdM:

• There are 4 fields where you input the master licence (the username, master system, client, licence type).
  • A script in the background checks on saving the input and triggers a task that then fills the licence fields of each repository in IdM via a checklist (e.g. if system is a testsystem put in username, client, master system and licence type 11; if it's the master system put in just the licence type and leave the other fields blank, etc).
  • Those new values are then provisioned to the systems the user has an account in.

Maybe this could be the way to go for you, too. This way, the maintainance of the data is also a lot easier, because you just have to fill 4 fields and one time set what system should be populated with which data.

Regards,

Steffi.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

thanks a lot for the input. It's a pity that IDM doesn't support what I need in this specific case. But I think I will put this into Idea Place as Matt suggested.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

actually we want to implement this function on the UI. Here we want a feature that the users can't write anything in the depending fields.

Regards,

Michael

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

In that case, you'll need to make the field read only via MMC.  If it needs to be edited by a certain type of user, then you'll need to create a separate edit screen for that type of user (you'll need a role or privilege assigned to them for access control)

IDM does not yet permit field level access controls, sounds like something for the Idea Place.

Matt

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is it possible to mark an attribute depending on other attribute(s)? In this specific case I have implemented missing license attributes in the RDS package. If you enter license type "11" in the field License_TYPE, I'd like to change the readonly value of 3 other atributes (BNAME, Client and SYSID) to changeable. Is this possible without a lot of customizing work?

Sounds like you need an event task for the attribute that drives the change and then script that sets the depending attributes like Matt suggested.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Event task is a good idea, Tero!

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure, this is something that happens all the time in IDM.

Off of the top of my head, I can think of two ways to do this.

1. Use a script in a pass that passes the value of %SOMEATTRIBUTE% as Par.  Then use the uIS_SetValue function to update those values as needed.

2. If you are just looking to see if the attribute is populated, and then carry out some updates you could use a conditional task with a To Identity Store task in the Yes Node that would update your attributes.

Hope this helps!

Matt