cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple records from IDOC should be processed one by one Thru Web service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where in the idoc (custom one) will collect data from R/3 system at the frequency of One hour and send them to XI and from XI i need to call the Web serice which would post only one record at a time. In this case how should i manage by mapping. Its something like records from a Table needs to be posted sequentially thry Web service at the receiving end..

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use multimapping to split the single IDoc to multiple records and then the receiver WS should be able to process them.

Multimapping can be done without BPM too depending on the SP you have.

Ref:

BPM involved:

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi

Without BPM:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts thanks for your quick responses..

See but let me explain my scenario more clearer. I will have only one IDOC but with multplie segments. The requirement is that My Web service should be called as many number of times as that of the number of segments. I suppose it is nothing to do with multi mapping. I should collect the idoc segments and call the web services as many number of times as that of the Number of idoc segments to post the message.

Hope my requirement is clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Bulk mapping , i hope it will solve

see the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/content.htm

Also ..

multi mapping with BPM - /people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

multi mapping without bpm -/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards

Chilla..

reward points..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the below links

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm - collecting IDocs without BPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change - IDOC bundling

idocs - /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/24/do-you-like-to-understand-147correlation148-in-xi

Idoc - Multiple - interfaces -

Multiple mappings into one Im -

Multiple Idocs

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

you need to use BPM to send each record from XI. is your webservice is asyn or syn one?