Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

linkage between SNP optimizer and PP/DS optimizer

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Is there any linkage between SNP optimizer  and PP/DS optimizer ? while conducting a PP/DS run I expected the PP/DS optimizer  will evenly distribute the jobs on machines like   50 nos on 26th oct ,50 nos on 27th oct,50 nos on 28th oct,50 nos on 29th oct. so on   but the PP/DS optimizer  made it uneven like 25 nos on 26th ,36 nos on 27th, 54 nos on 28th so on …

What configuration changes in SNP optimizer  should I do to get a desired PP/DS result.My common sense says SNP plans procurement and distributes along the supply chain,like tossing around materials  from one node to another along the supply chain and it doesn’t address operations (which PP/DS optimizer does) but still since the input to PP/DS comes from SNP .I feel this uneven distribution has something to do with SNP.

To make it more bright about my technical concern,I wish I draw an analogy ,think of a farmer feeding cattles,he pours the grain completely on one feeder until it fills up then  moves to the second feeder fills it up completely and moves to the third and  repeats the same for all consecutive feeder, I wish PP/DS optimizer behaves that way,but as of now it fills the ¾  of feeder then moves to the second fills 2/3 then moves third  fills 1/3  ….and so on….where is the catch point ?  is it in SNP or PPDS.??

Inputs from experts will bring clarity to the issue.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suppose there's no relevance between SNP and PPDS optimizer ... I think for the result of PPDS optimizer, you'd better check PPDS run.

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

Point taken

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, indeed there is no linkage between both the optimizers, when you transfer production plan from SNP to PPDS, all system does is to convert SNP orders in horizon under consideration to PPDS orders, then you either do the rescheduling or further optimize the results in PPDS.

Rgds

Sourabh

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

point taken