Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ1 : Command to tRFC/qRFC: Execute LUW again

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have checked lot of forums on this but not able to resolve the issue.

My scenario is Synnchronous : RFC<-->PI<-->SOAP.

I have a scenario where PI receives the around 5000 messages daily from ECC.

In PI i have maintained one Sender RFC channel with

Inital Conn = 1

Max Conn = 20

In ECC i have maintained one RFC Destination with the Pgm ID

The RFC Dest Connection test is working fine, Sender RFC channel is working well

The problem is i see lot of messages getting stuck in ECC:SMQ1 with error message :

"Error when opening a RFC Connection (CPIC-CALL" with status  "SYSFAIL".

then i tried to reprocess these messages manually from SMQ1, after reprocessing the messages with error message

"Error when opening a RFC Connection (CPIC-CALL"   it moves into error status

"RETRY" with error message "Command to tRFC/qRFC: Execute LUW again"

Then i again i tried to execute LUW but still messages are in "Command to tRFC/qRFC: Execute LUW again" state.

Can anyone please let me know , how i can i solve the issue?

I hope the messages which are SMQ1 gets restarted every 2 min right?

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Please refer the below SAP Notes. This may help you to some extent:

1. https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/925855
  2. https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/671696
  3. https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1422413

Hope these will solve your issues. Do let us know otherwise.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The CPIC call  error occurs onlly if during transmission or processing of the first LUW in the target system, a network or communication error occurred.  When you double-click on this status, the system displays an error text. For more information on this error, see the syslog (SM21), the trace files dev_rd or dev_rfc*. Depending on the definition in transaction SM59 for the destination used, a batch job is scheduled for subsequent sending. Status CPICERR may also exist in the following cases although no communication error occurred: A qRFC application finds out that a LUW cannot be processed any further due to a temporary error in the application and therefore calls the RESTART_OF_BACKGROUNDTASK function module to prompt the qRFC Manager to cancel the execution of this LUW and to repeat this LUW later in accordance with the specification in transaction SM59. In this case, qRFC simulates a communication error with the text "Command to tRFC/qRFC: Execute LUW once again." If this error occurs very often, you must contact the corresponding application.

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh\Nitin,

Thanks for your response.

>>A qRFC application finds out that a LUW cannot be processed any further due to a temporary error in the application

You mean to say this may happen that ,when thirdparty application has some error then the queue get stuck with the status "Command to tRFC/qRFC: Execute LUW again"?

or

If there is any program error in ECC

we get this status.

@Nitin:

Is it anything to do with the patches:

we have software component SAP_BASIS: 702: SAPKB70209 installed.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

We can say that, sometimes that the older patches may have some problems. But it will not be always, with some systems it usually behaves abnormal with the older SP's.

Currently, you have the SAP_BASIS:702:SAPKB70214, i.e. Support Pack 14 for 7.02 in EHP2 of NetWeaver which is available in SMP.

Why don't you give try by going to the latest patch upgrade, as its always recommended to keep your system up-to-date?

Regards,

Nitin