cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question about upgrade ERP to EHP6 SP08.

Is it any reason or benefit before upgrade to EHP6. First patch ERP installation to : 

-SAP ERP 6.0 Support Package Stack 23 

-SAP Netweaver 7.0 SP Stack 28

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any advice which parameter I should choos for speed up the upgrade?

Thanks

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can go for the second option.

Also make use of the expert options

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks

I did not choos expert is problem for that?

Here I have 4 CPU on this server with 128 MB ram

What is your advice for spped up this upgrade?

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

On the first screen increase the batch processes and you may keep the rest like it is now.

Execution Mode - Do not start ABAP load Generation during the update.

You can start SGEN after the upgrade.

Regards

RB

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your server has 128 MB of RAM. Is this correct ?

You can refer to SAP KBA 1616401 to know about number of parallel/R3trans process that you can use during upgrade.

I would also advise you to run SGEN after completing upgrade. So, you can choose option Do no start ABAP program generation during upgrade.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks  for all advice.:

I have 4 CPU on this server:

- start SGEN after upgrade.

-Batch processes (UPTIME) 6

-Batch processes (DOWNTIME) 8

-RTRANSE processes (UPTIME) 6

-RTRANSE processes (DOWNTIME) 8

ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS PAMAMETER?

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks fine to me. But your RAM is not at all as per SAP recommendation. How are you running SAP system on 128MB of RAM?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

How are you running SAP system on 128MB of RAM?

How?

This Sap installation is runing on unix server that has 128 MB  ram.

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you will check installation guide then it is written there that SAP EHP6 system need atleast 4 GB of RAM excluding host agent and diagnostic agent. So, running system on 128 MB of RAM is not recommended at all.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 2 sap installation runing on this server.

In last upgrade  sap developer installation we run in memmory problem we had 64 GB in this server.

We have add 64 GB ram in this server for solve this problem for sap test server.

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, it is 128 GB not 128 MB. right ?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Ja GB.

I am try to continue with  this parameter. I hope this help with seed up this upgrade.

Thanks Again for good advice

Reza

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Reza

Generating a stack file will take care in calculating the dependencies involved.

When you start the upgrade the SUM tool will prompt for few SAP notes to be implemented which you can implement using Tx SNOTE.

If you have a compatible OS, DB and Kernel for EHP6 upgrade you can start the upgrade to EHP6

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In most of the note have the below lines.

EhP7 SPS01 - EhP6 SPS07 - EhP5 SPS10 - EhP4 SPS13 >>

EhP3 SPS12 - EhP2 SPS13 - SAP ERP 6.0 SPS23

For further details on the equivalence SP- and stack-level concept please refer to note 1064635.

If now the corrections included in EHP7 correspond to ERP 6.0 SP Stack level 23, SAP recommends to update also the parts of your system to SP Stack level 23 which you do not want to update to EHP7 to achieve a consistent correction level in all parts of your application: SAP recommends to update all software components to the correction status corresponding to SAP ERP 6.0 Support Package Stack 23 with the installation of SAP enhancement package 7 for SAP ERP 6.0.

If you do not use components in your system (for example, industry solution components), you may treat these components according to your regular maintenance procedures. For that, you may carefully deselect the corresponding support packages in the MOPz transaction.

Why sap has these in all the note because EHP means nothing changes till you don't activate any think if you go from one EHP to another at the above mentioned patch level.

Which means that if you are SP23 of ERP and you migrate to EHP6 SP7 then system should behave same way till you don't activate any new functionality.

When you are at some at ERP SPX and you are goto EHP 6 SP7 it is equivalent to ERP SP23 + new enhancement delivered in EHP6.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan;

There is a list of note I get during  Extraction phase:

I have looking on EHPINOTES.XML file from /abap/bin/.

I can see in  EHPINOTES.XML file there are some note depend on which DB type should be implementet.

There is this one

<EHPINOTE id="1256384">

<attrib rel="700" splevel="19"/>

<attrib rel="701" splevel="04"/>

<attrib rel="710" splevel="8"/>

<attrib rel="711" splevel="2"/>

</EHPINOTE>

Note 1256384 - View/structure not active: Key field of type string

This one I think should be  also implement on my installation too. But that is not on list.

Did I miss some thing here.

Thanks for any advice.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Reza

Connect to the SAP system to be upgrade.

Tx SNOTE - Download the SAP Note 1256384

See whether this Note can be implemented or not.

Most probably it is not valid for your system.

If it says cannot be implemented then it is not valid for the system you have.

Do the same for other notes mentioned above and put all of them into one transport request.

Regards

RB

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not apply any other note which is not listed on the EHPI/SUM screen. Please don't try to modify/edit any standard file and it can jeopardize your upgrade.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I now this.

I did download that by SNOTE and this note can be implemented.

This make me unsure.

I am not going to modify/edit any standard file.

I took a copy and  edit the copy of this file.

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a standard procedure that you need to follow.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for alle your advice. 

I am going to try that.

I will come back with result.

Thanks

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Do not modify any files in the /upgrade_directory/abap/bin directory

If you check the archives in the forum for the SAP Note 1256384 - View/structure not active: Key field of type string and also for the report RADTBCHK it is mainly for the Solution Manager upgrades.

There is nothing wrong even if you implement this note as the report is used for checking the table consistency.

If you skip this SAP note then if there is an issue due to activation then you can implement the SAP note after unlocking the shadow system.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will try that.

I'm afraid there are other notes that are not included in the list.

I do not have much time for the upgrade.Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't check in the upgrade control files. Whatever EHPI/SUM is showing is the final list. Please implement those notes and moves ahead.

I don't know why are you not implementing these notes. This is the standard procedure. Please check upgrade guide for more information.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Thanks for reply,

I will try implement this and will come back with result .

Thanks

Reza

karthikeyan_natarajan4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ejersbo,

As mentioned in the note

Note 1824905 - SAP ERP 6.0 SP Stack 23 (04/2013) Release Information Note

all the required software pakcages will be determined by the mopz while you generate the XML file for upgrade. As suggested by Sunny you apply EHP6 upgrade first.

regards

kartik

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should not upgrade to ERP 6.0 SP23 prior to EHP6 upgrade. There is not benefit in doing this. When you will perform upgrade then it will automatically take care of it if required.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

During upgrade I get this massage I need to implement over 16 note with correction for   SAP BASIS component. I have SAP BASIS component SP16 on this installation.

I can see ERP 6.0 sp23 has NETWEAVER SP28. After patch so I don't need implement his notes.

The question is it not good idea first patch netweaver to sp28. So we are free for implement this nots?

And is it just this note I need to implement before upgrade?

I had alreadey upgrade developer server by patch it first and upgrade later without any note implementation.

But I am just not sure that it is necessary to do that.

Thanks

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not necessary to upgrade your system 2 times. It is going to increase downtime for your system which sometimes is not possible in case of production system.

So, it is better to implement these SAP notes which upgrade tool gives you.

Thanks,

Sunny