cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilizing RfC without ChaRM in maintenance project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are to start the use of maintenance projects and would like to active QGM for this. We would also like to activate the Request for Change documents. However looking at the documentation this seems not to be part of ITSM but instead to be part of Change Request Management. Is it possible to activate RfC without setting up Change request management (ChaRM part) and what would it take to do so?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

yes, you can use the Request for Change without a full implementation of ChaRM! However, I'm not entirely sure what exactly you try to achieve - maybe you can give more details?

ChaRM itself is a modular solution. It consists of several components: The Request for Change, The Change Documents, the Change Cycle and the Task Lists.

If you would like to leverage only the Request for Change, you don't need to setup the full ChaRM environment. You need to activate the customizing piece list of ITSM and then do the customizing for the RfC as you need it. (E.g. the project field will only accept ChaRM activated projects - not QGM projects) - however, in the project assignment block you could also link a QGM project and establish a link between a ChaRM RfC and a QGM project. You could hide fields and assignment blocks that you don't need, so you have a streamlined RfC for your use-case.

In general the RfC of ChaRM does not have any links to QGM entities (Transports and Changes). However, you can use both functionalities anyway, depending on your requirements.

Best regards

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

The only reason to activate RfC documents without the rest of ChaRM was due to fact that we aren't ready to implement ChaRM just yet. It was also great to get your comments related to the project field since its ChaRM dependency was why I asked the question.

0 Kudos

You're welcome! I'm glad if I could shed some light on the topic

The fact that "you are not ready" yet is totally understandable, a lot of organizations have the same situation - that's also why I highlighted the possibilities of flexibly introducing ChaRM functionalities and its parts.

Hope your project goes well - let me know some feedback via mail.

Best regards

Tobias