Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CTS+ Import Issue Deploy proxy server not running or Web service not installed

Hi Experts,

I am working on CTS+ to Transport Non-ABAP objects.

My non-ABAP Source & Target Systems are Netweaver EP 7.01

The Transport System is Solution Manager 7.1 i.e. Netweaver 7.02

I have done all the required configuration, while doing my first transport (Loose Coupling) I am not able to import the transport on Target.

Details:

1) I have created a Transport Request in Transport Organizer Web UI of Solution Manager, with Source as Portal DEV & Target Portal PRD

2) I attached a .ear object to that request and released the request

3) After releasing, I was able to see the request in the Queue of Target System in STMS (Solution Manager)

4) When I began to import the TR in Target, it got terminated with RC=12 and message "Deploy proxy server not running or Web service not installed"

I performed few checks, to get through the issue:-

1) SDM is up and running

2) Port 5xx18 is open from Solution Manager to Target System for Deploying via SDM

3) SDM User/Password is maintained correctly, user is SDM

4) DeployProxy web service is available in Solution Manager Java

5) Logical Port CTSDEPLOY is active in Solution Manager 000 and path set to '/DeployProxy/default?style=document'

6) HTTP Connection CTSDEPLOY is created from SOLMAN-ABAP to SOLMAN-JAVA & Connection test is OK (200)

I am not sure, what is the issue. Is DeployProxy Service need to be checked at target also?

I have already checked up everything from notes,SCN, Web can't find anything related.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Akshay

Tags:
replied

Hi Roman,

Did exactly as you suggested.

Used FQDN and port 8000 (HTTP Port) i.e. http://<solman-host-FQDN>:8000/DeployProxy/default?style=document

This time also the pop-up for logon came and I was able to see the Web Service as below=>

Are you suggesting to change the RFC CTSDEPLOY Technical Setting's and use the FQDN Correctly and Service no. 8000?

I used my imagination and went that step further and did it and tried to re-import the transport.

Marvelously, to my shock it finally got imported and gave a Green Traffic Light.

I am going to find my Developer now, to verify if it deployed perfectly with success at the target.

Let me get back to you on that, still already.

Thanks,

Akshay

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question