Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ Import Issue Deploy proxy server not running or Web service not installed

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on CTS+ to Transport Non-ABAP objects.

My non-ABAP Source & Target Systems are Netweaver EP 7.01

The Transport System is Solution Manager 7.1 i.e. Netweaver 7.02

I have done all the required configuration, while doing my first transport (Loose Coupling) I am not able to import the transport on Target.

Details:

1) I have created a Transport Request in Transport Organizer Web UI of Solution Manager, with Source as Portal DEV & Target Portal PRD

2) I attached a .ear object to that request and released the request

3) After releasing, I was able to see the request in the Queue of Target System in STMS (Solution Manager)

4) When I began to import the TR in Target, it got terminated with RC=12 and message "Deploy proxy server not running or Web service not installed"

I performed few checks, to get through the issue:-

1) SDM is up and running

2) Port 5xx18 is open from Solution Manager to Target System for Deploying via SDM

3) SDM User/Password is maintained correctly, user is SDM

4) DeployProxy web service is available in Solution Manager Java

5) Logical Port CTSDEPLOY is active in Solution Manager 000 and path set to '/DeployProxy/default?style=document'

6) HTTP Connection CTSDEPLOY is created from SOLMAN-ABAP to SOLMAN-JAVA & Connection test is OK (200)

I am not sure, what is the issue. Is DeployProxy Service need to be checked at target also?

I have already checked up everything from notes,SCN, Web can't find anything related.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Akshay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Appreciate your prompt response, however neither of the above notes is applicable and helps for the current issue.

I am wondering, if DeployProxy web service is required at Target System side also?

Let me know if you are aware with CTS+ Setup for Transporting non-ABAP objects.

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for reference

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/2b/326d6274134cea8b217f24889d19c1/frameset.htm

I don't see any reference that you have done these.

Then login in the url.

http://solman host:80XX

click on web service

When you open the Web services homepage, by default, the system prompts you to enter username and password. The user has to be part of the WSNavigatorRole or administrator’s security role.

To set a user as part of the WSNavigatorRole, proceed as follows:

Open the Visual Administrator.

On the Cluster tab of the Visual Administrator, choose Security Provider.

On the Runtime tab, choose Policy Configurations tab, and then choose sap.com/com.sap.engine.services.webservices.tool*wsnavigator.

On the Security Roles tab, choose WSNavigatorRole.

To switch to edit mode, choose                        

Choose Modify.

On the Security Roles area, choose all, and then choose Save.

check that the DeployProxy Web service is in the list of deployed Web services.

Did you active CTS_BROWSER in SICF

In the STMS make sure that the JAVA system has 000 NON_ABAP_WBO_CLIENT parameter.

Have you created destination in visual admin  with name sap.com/com.sap.tc.di.CTSservre to Solution manager.

Thanks

RishI Abrol

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I am following the the SAP Help Link and doing the exact steps.

Following has been already done:

1) Check the DeployProxy Web Service on CTS+ Java Stack

2) Activate the Logical Port in 000 via LPCONFIG

3) HTTP Destination CTSDEPLOY Created and Tested

DeployProxy Web Service available on Solution Manager=>

Logical Port in Client 000 LPCONFIG=>

HTTP Destination CTSDEPLOY work's fine=>

CTS_BROWSER is also active in SICF=>

Rishi Abrol wrote:

In the STMS make sure that the JAVA system has 000 NON_ABAP_WBO_CLIENT parameter.

Are you sure? Because the value should be the client where the Transport Organizer Web UI is supposed to run? We can still debate on this one.

Check here => http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/5d/b9fc64dd82414c90c72a8c26a9f17b/content.htm

Yes, I have also created the Export Destination on Source Java System's Visual Admin, pointing towards the Solution Manager as per http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/b7/c05c7d89054705bf890bf292aad997/content.htm?frame...

The connection test seems to be fine as well=>

So, everything looks like in place or not?

By any chance, do you think that Web Service DeployProxy should also be available on the Target System?

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide technical settings for CTSDEPLOY connection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it looks good did you try to create any new request and see how it goes.

Just wanted to check if you have added any path in the RFC in SM59 as it was done in older versions

I dont think that is required but you can try as its no harm in that.

Any other reason that i can think if there is some bug in the current path you are deployed as a last resort

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

This is the CTSDEPLOY HTTP Connection.

Hope you don't mind my late reply

Target host is the Host of Solution Manager itself and Service no. is 50000 i.e. This HTTP Connection is to the Communication System's Java Stack

Regards,

Akshay

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Yes, after my 1st request failed to import, I re-tried with one fresh new request. Import failed this time as well.

Unfortunately, there is nothing on notes/SCN/Web with the Import Error statement "Deploy Proxy Server not running or Web Service not installed"

In SM59 (CTSDEPLOY) I haven't set any path prefix, have a look at my above reply to Roman N

I found in one of the notes that you have to maintain the path in one place only, either in the RFC or in the Logical Port via LPCONFIG, and it's recommended to maintain the path in the Logical Port, so I did the same.

The logical port looks like this and the path maintained is as per as the recommendation=>

Have really run out of options right now, awaiting for response to OSS.

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you access web service via url http://<solman_host>:50000/DeployProxy/default?style=document ? Provide screenshot with results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to try the point 4 from the below note.

4.      Logon manually to the J2EE system with the user and password that are specified in the HTTP destination CTSDEPLOY. When you logon, change the password as requested by the server. Specify the new password in the HTTP destination CTSDEPLOY.

Note 1139406 - CTS+: cx_ai_system_fault when importing requests

Another think the patch that you have deployed in solution manager

LM-TOOLS

Can you please also try to trace the proxy service.

Note 1170359 - Tracing the deploy proxy

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes I was able to access the URL http://<solman_host>:50000/DeployProxy/default?style=document

It prompted for a password to application server, on providing it took me to the DeployProxy Web Service as per below=>

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to do the same but with port 8000 (change to your icm http port if it's not default) instead of 50000. Provide screenshot here. Why you use ip address instead of fqdn?

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Did exactly as you suggested.

Used FQDN and port 8000 (HTTP Port) i.e. http://<solman-host-FQDN>:8000/DeployProxy/default?style=document

This time also the pop-up for logon came and I was able to see the Web Service as below=>

Are you suggesting to change the RFC CTSDEPLOY Technical Setting's and use the FQDN Correctly and Service no. 8000?

I used my imagination and went that step further and did it and tried to re-import the transport.

Marvelously, to my shock it finally got imported and gave a Green Traffic Light.

I am going to find my Developer now, to verify if it deployed perfectly with success at the target.

Let me get back to you on that, still already.

Thanks,

Akshay

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for referring the note

I have already gone through it.

However, I am able to import the Transport now to Target Portal, check my above reply to Roman.

Just chasing my Developer to confirm the Deployment.

Appreciate your help

Regards,

Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No an issue.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No an issue.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Are you suggesting to change the RFC CTSDEPLOY Technical Setting's and use the FQDN Correctly and Service no. 8000?

No. Leave it as is.

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

But, I was able to import and deploy the Java object on Target now after changing the Service no. to 8000!

Am i still not on the correct path?

Wouldn't you agree that, as the RFC is Type HTTP, the Service no. should be 8000 (HTTP Port configured in ICM) rather than 50000 which is the Java Port.

What do you think?

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Wouldn't you agree that, as the RFC is Type HTTP, the Service no. should be 8000 (HTTP Port configured in ICM) rather than 50000 which is the Java Port.

May be. But from official documentation:

You are in the SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP of your communication system in the client that you use for transports.

From official documentation:

1. Call transaction SM59.
  2. Create a new HTTP connection called CTSDEPLOY by choosing Create.
  3. Choose conntection type HTTP Connection to External Server, and enter a description for the HTTP connection.
  4. Choose the Technical Settings tab page.
    1. Enter the name of the host of your CTS system and under Service Number enter the port of your system where the CTS Deploy Web service runs (5<SAPSystem Number>00). Ensure that no path prefix is entered and confirm your entries with Enter.
    2. If you encounter warnings about invalid query strings or missing documentation, ignore them by choosing Enter.
    3. Save your entries.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To see that the transport was imported properly you can see the import log in the transport.

Another thing just add fully qualified host name in that but port should be for java service.

Thanks'

Rishi Abrol

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I totally agree with you,

But I am still not able to make full closure regarding the 50000.

I have been following that link through-out, earlier I was using 50000 as recommended and Import was failing every time.

Since I have started using 8000, I have been able to import two transports one with .ear and one with .epa and both went successfully.

The import logs are also OK.

I am still not sure if this is strange or correct!

But it works, and I am not even aiming at disrupting the Status Quo

-Akshay

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi,

The import logs show nothing abnormal other than all the steps executed and Deployed Successfully.

Regarding the service no. to be 50000 (Java Service) instead of 8000 (HTTP), I am not sure anymore now, because the SAP documentation mentions it to be 50000 and it doesn't works and using 8000 (HTTP) works like a charm.

Perhaps, someone from SAP can clarify on the same

-Akshay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you attach your instance profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akshay and Rishi,

I am also getting the same error.

Could you please assist me with this?

I have checked web service. Please see the below screenshot

I have released transport in PID. But am getting error while importing into PIQ.

error is Deploy proxy server not running or web service not installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is this a PI system.

Have you gone through the all the steps that we checked and see what output you received.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Yes - It is PI java only stack(7.31).

I have configured CTS+ for this using Solman as domain Controller.

I have done all steps mentioned in this guide

http://scn.sap.com/community/process-orchestration/blog/2013/05/26/part-1-cts-configuration-for-proc....

Please help me.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

We are also facing the same issue as you were facing.

We have configured the service in development successfully. Now we are facing issue while configuring it to the quality system.

Please let me know how you have overcome this issue.

Regards,

Saket

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that Akshay problem was solved after changing the RFC CTSDEPLOY Technical Setting's and use the FQDN Correctly and Service no to 8000.

Even I have changed mine from 50000 to 8000 and tried to import the transport. but no success.

Any clue?

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please re-check the HTTP port in SMICM?

It's 8000 and active?

The port in RFC should be HTTP Port (8000 or likewise) as compared to suggested 5<xx>00 port.

Otherwise, consider opening an OSS, this at time I was configuring seemed real buggy.

Regards,

Akshay