cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config in MDG-S not allowing both roles FLVN01 and FLVN00, "Enter a relevant role for the creation of supplier master data"

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are busy implementing MDG-S and have Business Partner vendors and Business Partner FI Vendors. When we add roles FLVN01 and FLVN00 simultaniously for direction BP to vendor we are unable to process our change request and the message "Enter a relevant role for the creation of supplier master data" is dispalayed as an error. It seems that the system does not know which role to use.

When we specify only one role we are able to create our change request. The issue is that we can't use only one because some vendors only requires Purchase Org data and some only requires Company code data. Thus FLVN01 is required for Purchase Org data and FLVN00 is required for Company Code data.

We are using the Vendor like UI and the roles are not even displayed when you create a change request, thus we are not able to even delete one role in the change request.

Has anyone expierienced the same problem and possibly have found a solution.

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riaan,

the Vendor Like UI requires a unique role defined in CVI direction BP to vendor. The reason for that is simply the fact that the Roles list UIBB is not part of the Vendor like UI (reason: the ERP Vendor has no idea about roles). A single role mentioned in CVI customizing is added automatically to the record by MDG. If you define more than one role, MDG has no idea which role to use - therefore you get the error message which you cannot resolve in Vendor Like UI.

There are several options:

• Use the Supplier UI as already mentiond by Rahul. This UI supports adding as many roles as you like.
  • Use a custom role including related custom validations to ensure that your requried data is always maintained.
  • Use a custom derivation to always add both roles to the record.

Best regards

Michael

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael. Thanks for your response. When we use FLVN00 we are able to create both Purchase Organization vendors as well as Finance vendors but the messaging is a problem because the message indicates that you are not allowed to add Purchasing data for the finance vendor. This message must be comming from the FLVN00 role.It is just a warning but will be confuing for the users. Which transaction can we use to copy the existing FLVN00 role or should we rather just remove the warning messages and if so how.?

Thanks and best regards

Riaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riaan,

Did you get the solution for this, I would like to know the solution. Because same problem I am facing now. can you please share the solution.

Thanks

bala

riaan_oosthuizen2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

By now, I am sure there must be a better solution but I will explain to you what we did at the time to resolve the issue.

I basically copied and recreated the functionality that was available for Supplier - "The Role Section". So I went into the configuration of the UI and recreated the functionality to select a role when you create a Vendor.

Unfortunately when we created a vendor we had to select the role but on any change the role was already pulled in.

Hope this will help

Best regards

Riaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riann,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Pavan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member603451
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Riaan

please use supplier UI for this.

You will see additional tab as "Organization data" under which there is a sub-tab "Roles".

In this tab, you should add your BP as vendor and you should be able to proceed wtih your creation.

Thanks

Rahul