Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Mapping: CN to Customer and DN to Transporter automatically

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a below scenario which needs to be mapped.

Sales Order / Delivery / Invoice :

Customer          A

Material          XYZ

Qty               100 PC

Customer complained that he has received 98 PC instead of 100.

Now action should be :

• CN to Customer (Which I have suggested to Use Invoice Correction Request with Ref. to Invoice considering no Stock effect is needed back in plant)
  • DN to Transporter with reference to Invoice

Is there any option available for triggering both of this case automatically based on Customer Complaint??

I understand that separately both activities can be done, but client is asking for link of both activity to Original Invoice as well as If CN has been created to Customer and DN to transporter is pending then that should be tracked.

Any insight will be helpful.

Regards,

MJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

We have a similar setup in one of the Projects but the same has been handled using custom development. There is a cockpit created wherein you can enter the details of the Invoice and then it gives the options to enter the Quantities actually received manually. When saved it creates a Case (A custom number range-appears as a new line item in the ALV Report with the Invoice number) for the Finance Team. When the Finance Team approves the line -it triggers creation of Credit Note/Debit Note based on the entries made and the reference data is populated fetching it from the Invoice. The CN/DN are created using BAPI's. and they get updated in the Custom Table which has the Case number, Invoice number for Reporting purposes with host of other fields like Value, etc.

Regards,

Shashi

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

It seems I will have to create similar automation for my client.

Request you to let me know which BAPI you had used for creation of CN to Customer and DN to Transporter?

And had you created Transporter as Customer and were you raising Debit note or You was giving DN to Transporter as Vendor itself?

Regards,

MJ.

shashi_thakur
Contributor

Hi Mahendra,

We used ' SD_SALESDOCUMENT_CREATE ' for the Credit Memo Request and Debit Memo Request. Pass BUS2094 for Credit Memo Request and BUS2096 for Debit Memo Request.

We have both the options -Debit posting into Vendor Account and Debit Memo Request which works based on a custom table. There are few Vendors created as customers as we also create debit memo for them for any lost Returnable Packaging-whereas others are purely vendors/agents accounts. The direct account posting to Vendor is handled through 'BAPI_INCOMINGINVOICE_CREATE'.

Regards,
Shashi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As rightly explained by you can create credit note for customer w.r.t original billing document. For debit note to vendor I am afraid that it cannot be w.r.t billing document. Are you using transportation module or not?

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I am not sure whether shipment cost is generated at your client's place.  If so, I have two questions here for you to answer.

1. What is the agreement between your client and transporter and what is the logic to debit for shortage.  For example, normally, transporter would raise bill based on Kilometers they cover, tonnage etc.,  This being the case, how are you going to debit for the value of shortage of materials which will not tally exactly.
  2. If shipment cost is not generated, then where are you updating such transporters' cost in SAP.

Nevertheless, the Best Practice is for any credit to end customer, the Business has to generate Credit Memo Request which should be approved by Finance team.  Once they approve, Credit Memo would be generated from Marketing team.  Having said this, ideally, Credit Memo Request has to be generated manually with reference to parent billing document where by default Billing Block should pop up.  Once the block is released, then you can automate the process by generating a credit memo followed by debiting the customer but this is not an easy task for your technical team to do coding.

G. Lakshmipathi

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi Ji / Mozzam,

In my Project, we are going to use Shipment and Shipment Cost.

Based on customer's confirmation which will be given behind Transporter copy, we will do Invoice Acknowledgement in system. At that time User will come to know about Shortage receipt of the goods at customer site.

As per agreement with Transporter, when Goods would be loaded in Vehicle, Transporter will confirm that Goods has been loaded as per Pick list.

So If any shortage occur at the time of Customer Receipt, we will be charging it to Transporter always.

Now I have been left with Below options,

1) Update the value of the Debit amount in Shipment Cost Pricing Procedure manually

2) Create Transporter as Customer, Link Customer - Vendor and Create Debit Note with reference to Invoice, and change Customer Code to Transporter Customer Code.

In most cases, my client would be trying to go for second option, as they want to charge 110 % of MRP of the product to Transporter as penalty for shortage.

I am not sure but is there anyway available via Sales Activities or Customer Complaints option in system.

Regards,

MJ

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahendra

Since you are using transportation module you can control this with that too and you have explained it by yourself which is good thing and if you want to charge 10% penalty then you can also add that value in shipment cost pricing manually. There will be link of vendor payment and customer invoice and credit note. You will be able to track all documents by following document flows and PO history.

For second case you will be creating customer and link it with vendor and this process is lengthy. Why would your client go for second process when you can control with first one and can charge extra penalty too.

As per my knowledge we cannot control this with sales activities or customer complaints. Customer complaints are for entertaining customers. For vendor penalty or debit note we cannot use customer complaints.

Let Mr. Lakshmi comment on this because I am sure he will give something new and different to the best of his knowledge.

Thank$

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mozzam,

Below are the reason why my client would prefer to chose second option.

• They want to print Debit Note and give Transporter with details of Material code and Quantity charged to him.
  • They want to get report of such type of Debit Notes which has been given to Transporter to take decision if to continue him again after finishing of Contract Validity period.
  • To charge 110 % of MRP, they want system to propose the MRP and charges automatically just based on Material code entered in Debit Note.

I am waiting for Lakshmipathi Ji to throw some lights if any other way is there other wise I will propose both of above solutions to client and will let them chose any one.

Regards,

MJ.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since Shipment Cost would be generated at the time of cargo leaving the plant, which subsequently, is posted in FI, you cannot make any adjustments to this.  Moreover, the two options mentioned by you

1) Update the value of the Debit amount in Shipment Cost Pricing Procedure manually

2) Create Transporter as Customer, Link Customer - Vendor and Create Debit Note with reference to Invoice, and change Customer Code to Transporter Customer Code.

are also not adviceble according to me.  The reason being, on the first point, your client come to know only after some period which means, the relevant shipment cost would have already been posted in FI.  So by the time, your client receives the information on short shipment, they cannot do any manual adjustment from SD side.  On the second point, even if you treat the transporter as customer, I dont think, system will allow you to create a debit memo if you refer the parent billing document.  Instead what I would recommend is, from SD to FI, let your client communicate out of SAP and from FI side, they can raise the debit note directly.  Going for any enhancement in SAP is not encouraged.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

This cannot be handled automatically this in standard, because  customer will complaint either through telephone or through email

you cannot link either of them to the SAP billing document which was already created for 100 quantity

i don't see any other option expect Manual handling

regards,

santosh

mahendra_jani3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naren,

They have created Invoice for 100 Qty.

Hi Santosh,

Is there any other link,for Ex. if we have created Credit Note for customer then based on that we can trigger Debit Note to Transporter?

I have heard about Sales Activity, But I am not sure if this is possible to be done by the same.

Regards,

MJ.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually ,company has done mistake to customer point of view.This is not problem by transporter.He is just for carrying your goods for delivery to customer.In this case , as Moderator said that ,please create credit memo request based on billing doc and then create credit note to customer.

Kindly ,let me know if you have any doubts on this.

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please let me know about Billing document .Have they created billing for 98 or else for 100 quantity.

Thanks,

Naren