cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entire Storage Unit is not removed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to test full stock removal for not SU-managed storage types. However, for SU-managed storage types, full stock removal does not work (see screenshots below).  My objective is to pick the entire storage unit regardless of the requested quantity. Please advise on how to meet this objective. Thank you.

Confguration:

Post Goods Issue for 9 PC. Expectation is to issue entire 10 PC (SU 1000000165).

Actual Result: 9 PC is picked instead of 10 PC

I changed the configuration. Un-ticked "Return stock to same storage bin" then entered 013 to "Assigned pick point storage type". The result is still the same.

Regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kris ,

Flag over delivery at WM  movement type used for TO generation and try picking . Kindly let me know results.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I flagged "Overdelivery" in movement type. It affected the storage type where full stock removal is NOT required.

Example: Full stock removal is not ticked in PKG. TR=1 BOX then TO=10.

I would like the control of full stock removal to be per storage type, not movement type level. In this case, TO should be 1 BOX as well. Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear kris ,

Quite not sure whether we can have full pallets for SU to be controlled at  storage type level.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I changed the configuration. Un-ticked "Return stock to same storage bin" then entered 013 to "Assigned pick point storage type". The result is still the same.

With above mentioned configuration, full SU should be removed from source storage type/bin and left over partial SU should be kept in pick point 013. Please note that the picking TO quantity will still be 9PC. However, when you confirm the TO, the whole 10PC in source bin will be removed - 9PC to destination type/bin and the left over 1PC to pick point 013.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. The TO quantity is 9 but the whole 10 is removed. We would like to see 10 in TO to inform picker that he should pick the entire 10PC. Please advise. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is an assumption when SAP design the process of "full pallet removal + pick point" - picker must know he can only pick full pallet from storage type with full removal activated. This means that even only 9PC are shown on TO in the system, he should remove the full 10PC to the pick point in where he breaks the pallet and sends 9PC to destination bin, and leave 1PC on the original pallet.

Anyway, if the whole 10PC needs to be shown on picking TO, you can try:-

1) Remove pick point 013 from SP1

2) Assign a "Return storage type" (RLTYP) to SP1

With such kind of setting, picking TO will be created to pick whole 10 PC with 1PC assigned the Return storage type.

Please have a try and let me know if it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error is encountered - For compl.stock rem.or SU mgmt, either pick point or return to same bin. Please help. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YB,

After further research, I found out that there are only 2 options for SU-managed storage type.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c6/f847054afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

• Complete removal requirement with return to the same bin
  • Complete removal using a pick point

Option 3 (the stock remains at the destination bin) is not applicable to SU-managed storage type.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/c6/f845e24afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm

"The return method described here is not valid for SU-managed storage types. If you are implementing the complete stock pick for SU-managed warehouses, only the variants "complete stock pick with return to the same storage bin" or "complete stock pick using a pick point" are possible. Departures from this rule are only possible by using a customer exit."

With this, I will look into user exit. Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried to tick "Overdelivery" in movement type. It affected the storage type where full stock removal is NOT required.

Example: Full stock removal is not ticked in PKG

TR=1 then TO=10. I would like the control of full stock removal to be per storage type, not movement type level. In this case, TO should be 1 BOX as well. Please help.

Regards,

Kris

former_member220529
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to follow other threads on this topic

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1424134

http://scn.sap.com/message/7242945#7242945

Apparently it is a common problem. I know that there are restrictions if you use bulk storage type, but I don't know if it is your case.

Consider also to open a note to SAP, since it seems that are no special reasons  for this not to work as you expect.

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you need to tell the system where to keep the execessive quantities by using the following options:-

1. The storage type into which the goods are being placed can retain the overdelivery.

2. The storage type from which the goods are being removed can allow the remaining quantity to be returned to the storage bin from which the goods were removed.

3. In the movement type, you can have a return storage type (or return storage bin) defined.

4. You can define a return storage type for each storage type.

5. The storage type into which the goods are being placed must keep the overdelivery.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

I tried to tick "Overdelivery" in movement type. It affected the storage type where full stock removal is NOT required.

Example: Full stock removal is not ticked in PKG. TR=1 BOX then TO=10 BOXES. I would like the control of full stock removal to be per storage type, not movement type level. In this case, TO should be 1 BOX as well. Please help.

Thank you.

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

You need to activate the Overdeliveries option under control tab for the movement type.

Path is:

Warehouse Management>Activities>Transfers>Define Movement Types.

Thanks,

-Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

Example: Full stock removal is not ticked in PKG. TR=1 BOX then TO=10 BOXES. I would like the control of full stock removal to be per storage type, not movement type level. In this case, TO should be 1 BOX as well. Please help.

Thank you.

Kris

balaji_ganesan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

If you are using Storage Unit Management with full stock removal and

a pick point activated, then you must also flag "OverDeliveries" for the

movement type otherwise full stock removal will not work.

Alternatively, use return stock to same bin and then I believe this will

work without flagging overdeliveries.

This is how the system has been designed and the check for this can

be seen at the following point:

- SAPLL03A

- LL03AF1G

- Form VONMENGE_ERMITTELN

IF I_RL03A-VORGA <> CON_VORGA_IV            AND

VTYP-NEGAT <> CON_X                      AND

( I_RL03A-VORGA <> CON_VORGA_U1     OR

I_RL03A-KZUAP IS INITIAL            )  AND

( ( VTYP-VOLLE    =  CON_X    AND

VTYP-LENVW    <> CON_X       )  OR

( I_T333-UELIE  =  CON_X    AND

T331-STEIN    <> CON_STEIN_B )    ).

MOVE: LQUA-VERME TO LTAP-VSOLM.

I hope this would be helpful for you

Best Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Thank you.

Kris