SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

career change from manufacturing to SAP IS oil and Gas(downstream)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Briefly about my background, I have nearly six years of experience in the structural analysis of automotive structures; I also used to interact a lot with manufacturing engineers which endowed me with some background in manufacturing.

I was wondering if this background along with certification in SAP oil and gas will help me get a break in the oil sector.

Your feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

You do have a good background on manufacturing. Although refining process is quite different from conventional manufacturing but still experience matters. If Energy sectors interests you and you want to make a mark in SAP IS OIl Downstream, i would suggest you to start learning the basics by reading the SAP documentation. For your ease i am providing the link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_oil46csp2/helpdata/en/67/bfa73ad9ccf101e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Wishing you good luck in your new endevour.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Rahul,

Thanks for information. I have been looking for text books that cover the business processes associated with downstream side of the oil industry, but been unsuccessful so far. I was curious if you know of any good text books in the above mentioned area.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

It is difficult to get Energy processes books and documents. That is why i rely on help documentation for conceptual understanding.