Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I switch from PS Integration Scenario to Project Management (PPM) scenario

marc_cugnet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We have already gone live with a PPM scenario where we integrate directly to PS. Is it possible to switch to a Project Management (I.e Item>cProject>PS) integration scenario without having problems with existing PPM portfolio items?

Marc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marc_cugnet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Chatsworth. I like this design because we can make use of some of the benefits of cProjects for Roles, checklist, and Gantt chart, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc

I have not done this myself, but I do not think this would be an issue. You would obvisouly have to change configuration settings such as making your Project Type "Accounting integrated", and change all other relevant settings. Main thing is that Financials on the Item will update each time when you execute the relevant financial reports - in other words current financial values on your Item is cleared out and re-filled each time when you execute the transfer reports. So I cannot see that there would be an issue for you to change over. Provided you do config correctlty and have all your mappings correct I dont see an issue. You will propably have to clear the current Object Link between Item and PS Project

Regards

Chatsworth

marc_cugnet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth

Thanks for your response. I am wondering - if I did not want accounting integration between cProject and PS could I set the switch 'No Accounting Integration' but still get a roll up of costs from PS through to Portfolio item?

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Yes you can. However  I am not sure what your scenario is as you mentioned in your first post that you wanted to change the integration to be between PS and cProjects?

I am in fact using this scenario at one of my clients where I have no PS --> cProject accounting integration but rather financial Integration between PS and Item directly. I do still have a cProject for my Item but no financial integration from cProjects

Regards