cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in commenting on blogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Support Team,

I am not able to comment on any blog. Recently my level is upgraded to Steel. Before reaching Steel I didn't face any such issue. I don’t know if I am being moderated because I didn't receive any email notification too. Whenever I press the "Add a comment” button, this is what I see

Next, once done with writing the comment in the text box, if I press "Add Comment" there is no response and the comment is not added. Similarly, if I press "Cancel" button, there is no response again. All the time I have to refresh my screen to try commenting again.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Arti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

There is seriously some problem with my browser and the system too My Chrome version 29.0.1547.76 m was showing some problem

After this I uninstalled Chrome and re installed it. The current version of my chrome is 30.0.1599.66 m.

Whenever I am trying to reply to this discussion also, I am directed to a new window which is as following:-

All my previous replies are done from a different system of mine. For this reply, I clicked the  "Reply" button. Below is what is my trial.

The next page looks like this:-

so now here I typed my message and I was able to reply to this discussion.

Expected cause:- I might have installed some software by mistake which is giving this problem.

Conclusion:- There is some problem with my system and with the browser. There is no problem with SCN site or my SCN account.

I am trying to figure out the problem . Once I have the solution, I will post it here. If anyone knows the solution, that will be helpful.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

~Arti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

The problem is solved:-) Below is the description.

Expected Cause:- I might have installed some software by mistake which is giving this problem.

Work Around:- I was facing this problem since 28th September Saturday. So I checked in my Control Panel for all the software's those were installed on Saturday and Friday(27th Sept). I thought of uninstalling those. I found Software- Linksicle installed. I uninstalled this software and everything is now working fine.

I repeat the conclusion:- There was no problem with SCN site or my SCN account. The problem was within my system. I could resolve it by uninstalling the Linksicle software.

Thanks everyone for the answers and your time.

The thread can now be closed.

~Arti.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

For problems in receiving your email notification, please get in touch with sapnetwork@sap.com for further assistance.

BR,

RAM.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please refrain from contacting SCN Support by e-mail and only do so as a last resort: many issues can be resolved quickly by consulting the helpful FAQs and guides we've made avaialbe, such as this one:

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thanks for your info:)

BR,

RAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arti,

Try to remove the Cookies and then Try,

Regards

NK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I tried to remove the cookies however it didn't help.

~Arti.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Arti,

What browser are you using and is the zoom set to 100%? Can you also provide some URLs of blog posts you are trying to comment on?

Thanks,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

The browser I am using is Google Chrome version 29.0.1547.76 m. The zoom is set to 100%. I am not able to comment on any blog. Below are the two URL's for example.

http://scn.sap.com/community/training-and-education/certification/blog/2013/10/01/influencing-sap-ce...

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-explorer/blog/2013/10/01/hide-author-and-status-of-data-from-b...

~Arti.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using exact the same browser, Version 29.0.1547.76 m, but do not have this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

I am now able to comment on blogs. Also "Add Reply" and "Cancel" buttons are working fine. I no longer have to refresh the screen.

~Arti.