cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI B2B Addon-DATAELEMENTSEPARATOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have one of the customer who is using special character (•(Bell) :Alt+Fn+7) in there EDI document as Dataelement Separator .I tried hardcoding

the value and HEX Value in mapping,but none of them gave  me required result.

When I hard coded the Value • ,it is coming in the output EDI file.When I pass hex decimal which is not getting converted required Value.

Any suggestion and information greatly appreciated .

Thanks,

Madhu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, you should put separator characters within the UNA segment.

The function of this segment is to define the characters selected for use as delimiters and indicators in the rest of the interchange that follows.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

I am working on ANSIX12 and I was populating to DATAELEMENTSEPARATOR,however conversion work fine if we pass * as data element separator but for this special Character • ,it's not working as required.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Madhu

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Did you already play around with the encoding within the EDISeparator sender communication channel?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Sorry for the delayed response,this is an outbound scenario from SAP ,ex :856 and 810 ,I tried using encoding in AS2 adapter and in  module Parameter x12.encoding no luck,

But when I  tried in the maintenance tool  with Data element separator Value as• ,it did give me Bullet (•) as my data element separator ,However if I pass this value in mapping as separator .It's not working .

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Madhu

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like you have a conversion problem. Did you already raise a ticket with SAP?

Also try to test end-2-end and not only separate parts (like a mapping). This could give you the wrong idea of things going well or wrong.