Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with jdbc connection on HANA on BI4.1 SP1

former_member223074
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the below issue when publishing a relational HANA connection to the repository from my client tool. Please let me know if anyone has faced similar issue and were able to find a work around for it. I have checked the Data Federation Services from CMC and  they seem to be up and running.

Unable to find servers in CMS <CMS> and cluster @<cms>with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

Error:

[Data Federator Driver] No data federation service was found. Reported error: 'com.crystaldecisions.sdk.exception.SDKException$OCAFramework: Unable to find servers in CMS <CMS> and cluster @i<cms> with kind pjs and service DataFederatorService. All such servers could be down or disabled by the administrator. (FWM 01014)

Also when I create a connection by logging on to the server box and using client tool (IDT) I am not able to see the tables being fetched despite the test connection being successful and connection being published to repository from server machine.

Any pointers will be greatly helpful.

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what Henry has said, make sure that the database user defined in the DS connection has permission to access the tables and views that it needs to.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Just to add what Henry mentioned in detail, you can test following steps:

1. Log into the Central Management Server (CMC).

2. Stop the APS contains data federation service.

3. Under Host Identifiers, Select Hostname.

4. Enter the machine name where the Adaptive processing server installed.

5. Start the Adaptive processing server.

Regards,

Nakul Mehta

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you search for known solutions at www.service.sap.com/notes with your keywords "IDT connection : Unable to find servers in CMS " ... there are a great number of solutions suggested.

Usually, this is related to server name not getting resolved on client (host file), APS needed restarting/recreating, or APS needs HostName/Host Identifier explicitly declared in the properties.

Regards,

H