cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item already defined at a highrt level in the production tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client on SAP Business One 2007. Getting this error when try to add a component item to a bill of materials. I checked the forum and says that this is due to a production order that is not closed. This client has about 7000 production orders that are Released. I created a query to identify the production orders that had the bill of material and closed them. There were about 50. I am still getting the error. Is there a way to close all release production orders globally.

Dennis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The above error appears due to same item can't be assigned as component item in bill of material not in production order.

You can remove BOM components without closing production orders

For example, if product (father) is AA, then component (Child) should not be AA, it should be different from AA.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the case. The BOM (father) item is VA-202 and the componet (chilf) is VA-200. Please see attached screen shot

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please change list price to Last purchase for last item and then try.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis,

There is a fifth line but the fourth, because it starts counting from zero as example. There is no unit price filled.

Regards,

Marcelo Silva Santos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried that and still does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I put a price and still does not work

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check with this http://scn.sap.com/thread/1215358 & http://scn.sap.com/thread/1404886

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis ....

1279026  - Production BOM with component item production BOM

Symptom

Production BOM structure:
Final Product: BOM 1                                                   Component 1: Item A                                                     Component 2: BOM 2
Production BOM 2 structure:
Component 1: Item B
All items have issue method 'backflush'
                                                                        Scenario:

1 - Add a Production Order for BOM 1 and release it.                    2 - Add a Receipt for Production for that Production Order.
Expected Result: component item B of BOM 2 was issued from stock.
Actual Result: component item B of BOM 2 was not issued from stock.

Cause

Funcionality Description

Solution

The Actual Result is correct.

When receiving BOM 1 from production, component BOM 2 and component Item  A are issued out of stock. (since they are defined as backflush items).

BOM 2 is already in stock as a produced item and does not trigger an

issue from stock for its component item B.

If trying to create a Production Order for BOM 1 without having BOM 2 or component item A in stock in a sufficient quantity, the system will display an error message and it will not be possible to receive BOM 1 from production until another another Production Order for BOM 2 is created and this item is received into stock from production.

The Production Order which is created for BOM 2 will be the

one which will trigger the issuing of component item B out of stock.

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis ....

1279026  - Production BOM with component item production BOM

Symptom

Production BOM structure:
Final Product: BOM 1                                                   Component 1: Item A                                                     Component 2: BOM 2
Production BOM 2 structure:
Component 1: Item B
All items have issue method 'backflush'
                                                                        Scenario:

1 - Add a Production Order for BOM 1 and release it.                    2 - Add a Receipt for Production for that Production Order.
Expected Result: component item B of BOM 2 was issued from stock.
Actual Result: component item B of BOM 2 was not issued from stock.

Cause

Funcionality Description

Solution

The Actual Result is correct.

When receiving BOM 1 from production, component BOM 2 and component Item  A are issued out of stock. (since they are defined as backflush items).

BOM 2 is already in stock as a produced item and does not trigger an

issue from stock for its component item B.

If trying to create a Production Order for BOM 1 without having BOM 2 or component item A in stock in a sufficient quantity, the system will display an error message and it will not be possible to receive BOM 1 from production until another another Production Order for BOM 2 is created and this item is received into stock from production.

The Production Order which is created for BOM 2 will be the

one which will trigger the issuing of component item B out of stock.

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tested in 8.81 version. Getting same error message. System definition is correct.

Please refer below screen shot:

Why?

1. In order to make V-200, you need components VA-201, VA-203,VA-205,VA-300

2. To make VA-202----you need component V-200

Since V-200 already component to produce VA-202 (Higher level). You can't add VA-202 component for VA-200 again.

Hope you understand logic.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

From the error message, it is possible that the BOM you are trying to create will cause the loop.

Make sure the component is not in the higher level that can produce the loop.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand about the higher level. Does this mean for this BOM and other BOMs. For this BOM VA-202, I can add other lines. When I try to add item VA-200 is when I get the error. What is different about item VA-200.

Is there a query I can run to fine the higher level

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this simple query:

SELECT * FROM OITT

WHERE Code='VA-200'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I found that BOM VA-200 is a componet on five BOM's, VA-201, VA-203, VA-205 and VA-300. So why I cannot add VA-200 as a componet for BOM VA-202, if it exists on the others.

See attached screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

For BOM VA-201, labor has not assigned price. Why do you need it in VA-202?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Try to update these production orders through DTW, but I believe that would be the most appropriate first SAP Business One upgrade to the latest version available, if possible.

Regards,

Marcelo Silva Santos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the DTW and getting an error on all the orders. Can not find this object in B1.

This is 2007 and on the template for production orders the only fields I filled are the record key, with the order number and the status with closed. When I check in the DTW Target Date I do not see the order number just the status. What else do I need to fill on the template.  I do not see a column for order number. There is a colunm called Absolue Entry, however there is no documentation

Any suggestions