cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Based Rent (Rentor) - Feeding over Sales from GL for Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the middle of a Greenfield implementation, and things are out of control. Thank you and vielen Dank for any help.

Case Facts

1) We own restaurants who report sales on a monthly basis

2) We have landlords, to which we pay additional rents if we exceed a certain level of sales, on a monthly basis (percentage rent)

I am familiar with using percentage rent in the real estate module, with one exception.

How do you feed over sales from the GL, directly into Real Estate?

Right now the proposed monthly process is:

1) Run a report out of the GL, to get monthly sales totals by location (.xls)

2) Reformat the .xls file to meet predefined specs of an import template

3) Upload Sales Template to the Real Estate Module

I have done tons of research and have only found the users utilizing an upload are Lessors, who are receiving data from Lessees. This is done to calculate their Receivable

We, however are the Lessee and need to use our own sales figures to calculate our Liability.

Is there any reason we can't port account totals from the GL to Real Estate,  to drive our calculation?

Best Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

We had a similar requirement for Landlord Lease In (LSIN).

I developed a custom report/interface that retrieves the FI/GL sales from FAGLFLEXT table for the specific contract, apply discounts/deductions percentages as per business requirement then populate the Sales Report on the Contract with the Net Sales amount using BAPI_RE_SALES_REP_REPORT.

The Sales Report will then be populated on the [Sales Based Rent Agreement] Tab under [Sales Reports] for each Reporting Rule.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Utian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me discuss with our implementation partner.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I will be back with the outcome of our conversation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

Did you manage to get the GL totals feed from FI into RE-FX to work?

Regards

Utian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for falling off, my wife was pregnant with twins.

Yes everything works great. Thanks you so much.

Answers (0)