cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Control screen - missing "Other Plants" button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within this screen, the GoTo, Other Plants menu option is "greyed out" and the Other Plants button does not appear on this screen.

We have materials properly setup in multiple Plants, however, this Other Plants button is not active in our system.

What can I do to get this button to show up on this screen ? 

I'm not sure what controls this button to be displayed.

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it happening first time? Have you ever had this button active in your system before? Is it in DEV or PRD?

Also check whether you have configured plants at customized level i.e plants has been assigned to sales organisation and distribution channel and materials you have entered has been extended to those plants? If all these things have been done then this button should be activated.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

MoazzaM,

Thanks for quick reply.

Yes we did have this button appear.  We put in a big project, and now no more button.  We do have all the Plants assigned and extended properly, same as before project.  No one knows why this button is now "disabled".   No custom code was done to disable (we believe...third party firm that worked on big Project was fired and we are not allowed to contact them).

Thanks,

David

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if they have activated some screen variant for that? Also check in VOV8 sales document type settings if they have assigned some variant there. Rest I will see tomorrow what other reasons could be for this disabled button. I have heard this first time and I think it can be some customizing.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found it.  SAP turns disables this button and functionality if order line is "configurable". 

see pgm  sapfv45v, form: 

WERKE_PRUEFEN_AKTIVIEREN

then see saplatp4, form dialogue_init

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank your sharing the solution. It is a new learning for me as well.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Interesting issue!

What do  you mean by -

if order line is "configurable".

Can you please explain the cause from a "non-technical" perspective?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MoazzaM,

Also check in VOV8 sales document type settings if they have assigned some variant there.

Could you please give some more information about this suggestion?

Thank you!

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are familiar with screen variants. In Sale order we can make any field required, display, hide or with default value with screen variant. This screen variant won't work untill we assign it to sales document type in VOV8. This the reason why I asked the OP to check this.

Thank$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MoazzaM,

Thank you for your post!

Yes, I did look in to VOV8 before I asked you the question. Could you please tell which field you are talking about? Is it field "Screen sequence grp." (TVAK-KOPGR)?

E.g. F1 help for field "Screen sequence grp." - Would this control the screen of "Check Availability" and the field "Other plants".

I thought that field "Other plants" was not in the initial screen for a transaction, thus can not be controlled by this field.

Please explain.

SAP F1 Help:

Screen sequence group for document header & item

Controls which screens you see during a particular transaction (for example,
creating a quotation) and in which sequence they appear.

Example

You can specify a screen sequence group for the processing of inquiries and
quotations. In this case, the screens and their sequence would differ from the
screen sequence for, say, creating a sales order.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW

I am talking about TVAK-VARIANT field.

Thank$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Maybe a little bit late, but we had the same issue - the 'Other plants' button did not show for configurable materials. We opened a message with OSS and they provided us with a note (OSS note 882529). We had to slightly adjust the provided code but at the end we got it work.

Bernhard