cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Business Role' and 'User Group' alignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellow experts.

We have the following requirement where we want to use Business Roles (containing technical roles from different systems). The problem we have encountered is where would we add a user’s "User Group" per system?

Right now the request containing Business Role (not split up into the individual technical roles)  is sent to a departmental coordinator (a stage in the workflow path). The Coordinator would then be able to add the correct User Group. As a Business Role itself is system independent, there is no way to align a user group to that business role line item.

Would it be possible for the systems of the individual technical roles (within the business role) to be listed in the "User System Details" tab of teh Access request, enabling the coordinator to assign the required User Group per actual connector/system?

Any helpful ideas would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jatin,

Thank you for that information. I have been looking at the issue on two different GRC systems (one on SP13 and another on SP11). On SP13 I am getting the systems appear in the "USer System Details" tab as you described, but not in SP11.

I guess there could be additional bugs with Business roles pre- SP13.

Thanks for your observation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was a know issue in SP10 and 11 .so if u dont get system details in user system detail tab by default ,you need to apply a note

Kind Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

just as i thought, thanks for that clarification.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jatin_grover
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Harnam,

When a business role contains technical role belonging to different systems then the user system details table will show multiple line items based on the system of the technical role.

You can specify the user group for each system entry there and should work.

Regards, Jatin