cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy external war into netweaver 7.3

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

I was trying to deploy war provided by third party into netweaver but couldn't do so far.. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know the only deployment units you can deploy on SAP J2EE stacks are SDA and SCA. So this means you need to convert your WAR into one of these SAP deployment formats. In NW 7.3 based Java installations, there are some scripts to convert J2EE deployment units (like for instance WAR I guess) into SDA/SCA. I never used them before but I guess this is what you are looking for. So take a look under directory /usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTNAME>/j2ee/deployment in your server. In particular there is a directory called scripts in there you can find those scripts I mentioned above.

BTW - Any feedback is appreciated if you finally succeed in this. I'm really curious about it.

Regards,

José M. Prieto

HariCS23
Contributor
0 Kudos

I used script from same folder to deploy war file . I got these from some other sdn post.

What i did is

E:\usr\sap\MIX\J01\j2ee\deployment\scripts

deploy.bat <user>:<paswd>@<instance>:50104 </WARS/grid-excel.war>

I got success message but not sure how to verify it. I have tried Application modules ..this modules didn't show up there...,May be i haven't looked right.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about the script make_SDA.bat in that directory? Did you try it out? In theory it should come out with a SDA ready to be deployed via JSPM or Telnet. Please refer to following document which is dealing with the deployment of a Spring based app into SAP AS Java (pretty much in the way you would like to do). Pay special attention to page 9 point 5 (Convert to SDA).

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40eb2f24-9898-2c10-2396-9c9f35b63...

Regards,

José M. Prieto

Message was edited by: José M. Prieto