SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated MR on wrong MR date

Former Member
0 Kudos

What would cause a meter read result to be estimated on a "future" meter read date as opposed to the move-out date?

I can not pin-point where in batch invoice printing or IMG Configuration what would cause an estimated Final Meter Reading at Move-Out (03) to be placed on a future scheduled read date of 6/18/2013 instead of Move-Out date of 06/13/2013?  The new customer "move-in" date was on 06/14/2013 and this is reflected in the Premise Environment. 

This account should also reflect a periodic reading with a Meter Reading Type of 01:  reading by utility.

Please advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Camille,

Since the Meter reading order created in your case is in future at move out,is the reason that system estimate the Meter Reading  also in future, can you tell me is the Meter reading order date  generated   is greater than the system date.?

Regards;

AnUrAg

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Camille,

Since the Meter reading order created in your case is in future at move out,is the reason that system estimate the Meter Reading  also in future, can you tell me is the Meter reading order date  generated   is greater than the system date.?

Regards;

AnUrAg

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.  I'm not sure of your request but I hope the following below is much clearer.

I'm trying to do a meter exchange (move in new customer) per 06/14/13 transfer order. I’m get the following error:  Device ####: MR documents exist after activity date.  Activity denied. I’m unable to find any documents that exist as stated.  I tried EL37 using the device #, the installation numbers and the contract numbers, but not getting anything.

This appears to be another situation where the periodic meter read order used the final meter read document for posting the meter read. The move out date should be 6/13/13 per the premise environment but the MR results shows the move out date/read to be 6/18/13.  This final meter read type should not have been estimated in batch. 

When I display the Billing Order I'm showing that:

Installation                           ########

Sched. billing date               06/13/2013

Billing Transaction               03    Final Billing for move-Out (03)

Billing Data

1.  Scheduled MR date     06/13/2013

2.  Alloc. date f. billg          06/13/2013

3. Sch. BD for supp. BOs  06/13/2013

Under the Meter Reading Results tab:

MR date                         06/18/2013

RR =Read Reason           03 (final billing)

MT= Meter Reading Type     03 (system estimate)

I'm not sure if these settings mean that somewhere in batch or IMG Configuration that final move-out bills are coded such that they will always estimate instead of using a read reason of 01 periodic reading, with a read type of 01 because our field techs did go out and read this meter to get the final reading. 

After its all said in done, it shows the old customer moved out on 6/13/2013 .

New customer moved in on 06/14/2013

And final Billing for moved out (03) on 6/18/2013<<<<<<<This is wrong.  This should be 06/13/2013 and final meter read result should be on 06/18/2013 as well.

0 Kudos

Hi Camillie,

I know system will auto-estimate upon MRO creation if you define it in your schedule record.

This applies to Periodic Order but I doubt it holds true for Final Order.

Are you seeing this for all move-out orders? Did you check if any user actually modify the read ("Change By") ? As this is final MRO, I don't think system allows you to change the schedule MR date too. Probably someone updated the Actual MR date field?

0 Kudos

Edit the move out document, in the meter reading data tab. Modify the date to match your scenario, IE 06/13/2013.

Move out readings cannot be reversed outside of reversing the move out document.

Once that move out document is set to the correct date, you should have no issues in moving a new customer in from 06/14/2013.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.  All Periodic Orders aren not defined to estimate nor are any of our Final Orders to be estimated. 

Field Techs still go out and take reads even if move-out order has been created.  This is to ensure that theres no un-authorized use.  All of our invoicing is done in batch.  It seems that when the actual meter reads downloaded...this particular read by utility was loaded  and invoiced in batch, on a future read date 6/18/2013 and not on the actual move-out date of 6/13/2013.  

0 Kudos

You mean I should just do a move-out reversal TCode: EC58E?  Which TCode will bring me to the Meter Reading Tab to edit?   

When I'm in "Display Billing Order: ##########, below are 3 tabs:

1.Detailed Information

2. Meter Reading Orders

3.  Meter Reading Results

When I dbl click on Meter Reading Orders to edit the date, I get a message that "No objects exists." 

0 Kudos

Hi Camille,

You can edit move-out reading using tcode EC56E. Enter contract/ installation. You will be presented with the Meter Reading Data tab. Most likely the date will not be editable (matching mvo date) but you can try and see.

Cheers.

0 Kudos

You can use EC56E Change Move-Out

Ensure the final bill is reversed, then modify the Move out reading values from the meter reading tab & the move out dates  from "Edit --> Change move out date".

If that doesn't resolve the move out date/readings as required, THEN you would have to reverse the Move out document & recreate from scratch.

be careful when managing the move out dates & readings with regards to the unsuppression of periodic orders "underneath" the move out document. You will also likely retain a 09 reading after the modification.

cheers

Daniel

0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel.  I will proceed with your recommendation. 

In order to prevent this from happening again, would changing the periodic meter reading from a priority 2 to a priority 1 and the interval meter reading at move-in/out from a priority 1 to a priority 2 located in the IMG configuration for  "Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Interval Check" work?

0 Kudos

A periodic reading should be a lower priority than the move out reading in your scenario. Depending on the configured Meter Reading Interval in the assigned meter reading unit, the system will then suppress the lowest priority reading.

0 Kudos

From what I've been told by management, the periodic meter read "upload" in batch should never choose anything other than a read reason of "01" however it keeps choosing "03."  I thought that  increasing the priority for periodic meter reading in SPRO would ensure that.  I guess I will only know when I test this scenario in our 'test environment."

0 Kudos

for the MRU the installation is assigned to, what is the Meter Reading Interval

as per the super helpful help text

Portioning and scheduling (IS-U-BF-PS)

Period in which only one meter reading and the related billing are to be carried out.

The meter reading interval is entered in the meter reading unit.

If there is already a meter reading order or result in the interval, the system suppresses the order with the lowest-priority meter reading reason.

So in conjunction with the config in Define Priority of Meter Reading Reasons for Meter Reading Interval Check should be influencing the orders.

0 Kudos

Here the settings:           

0 Kudos

Simulating this, the periodic order is suppressed, leaving a move out order, which I can update the actual meter reading date for, but does not interact with the scheduled MR. date, or the Scheduled Billing date.

So.... how does this process receive the meter reading result?

0 Kudos

The meter read gets uploaded in "batch." using the program  "FM 'BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD' to upload the meter read to the "periodic bill" and not the final bill.