Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Process for Travel Request Approval & Expense Approval

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have activated WS20000040 & WS20000050 Travel Expense approval & Travel request approval.

No when i create a trvel request with travel data & estimated cost & save it, the same is getting reflected in PR05 but without any amount , when i go to change &  enter the estimated amount & save it system makes the request as approved.

I am not able to find where i have missed out the settings & when i save the request-PRRQ system is not triggereing the workflow i have checked the inbox of the Approver.

In OM- The Supervisor & Subordnate relationship is maintained, The supervisor is marked as Manager.

Can anybody please guide me about the issues.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Does any one have any idea on the same issues i am facing..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, the entire thread confuses me. What I understood is:

• You create a travel request --> what with? the ancient backend transaction or any of the WD-Applications?
  • You enter some data including the estimated costs but they aren't written into the database? Or just not shown? Be more specific please.
  • Now what does the approving-workflow have to to with this, is it related or a different problem?

With SWI* Michael was referring to the entire amount of transactions... ( * = wildcard >_< ). Just use TA SWIA in case you don't know which particular one to use, you can branch out into any of the functions from there.

Once your particular problem you opened the thread for is solved, please close it / mark it as solved and open a new thread to keep things tidy.

One last thing, pretty please with sugar on top, when you open a thread, post your system information (which you didn't here, maybe your patchlevel is antiqued and all the good advice given here is for naught because you miss the corrections), post the background use case and explain what you already tried to solve your problem.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siegfried,

Its not yet solved yesterday there was some tech problem and it was not accessible, i am still working on it and new things may come up so want to keep this thread active.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is your question solved and discussion can be closed?

Best regards,

Sigi

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for such detailed infor can you please guide me to locate the workflow log in PR05 the one you were suggesting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the logs you will find in the transactions SWI2_ADM1 and SWI2_DIAG. Via PR05 you can also go to the workflow via object services (small icon above the icon bar).

Best regards,

Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in PR05 or SWI* transactions for workflow logs, click    to open extended log

Red items will tell you more details

In e.g. agent view, details available. More details in technical log icon, and also in third tab..

The rest is interpreting the available information.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

T-code SWI* is not available i think..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael put '*' as placeholder for the following transactions:

SWI2_ADM1

SWI2_DIAG

(you will find this under - Tools - Business Workflow - Administration - Workflow Runtime -

Cheers, Sigi

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

in PR05, you have direct access to WF logs in the icon before the application header "travel expenses from (employee)" if you click the latest entry in the log, you will see who is manager owning the item.

"Not able to locate this  in PR05"

I think the request is not triggering the WF although the Task n workflow is maintained. I have once again made the assignments & reactivated the workflow 40 & 50.

Please guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

so in the log for the last WF, which is start time? Your last change? Or initial creation?

If you do not have manager owning the item, some error might have happened earlier.

Check detailed log with the "scroll" icon (paper roll), e.g. graphical display to see where it got stuck, or technical details with the traffic light index.

You may also use TA SWUD to create check instances and traces of WF.

Pls do check TA SWI2_ADM1 and SWI2_DIAG for error WFs after time of WF creation. If your WF is in _ADM1, no agent could be found. If it appears in _DIAG; something else is wrong. Double click line item to find more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

if yes:

check which start events are used: requestcreated will be the one you need

if everything is fine here:

check with TA SWI1 if WF is started at all.

If yes: find out where it goes to reading the logs, or where it is broken

If not: check if WF is active in TA SWETYPV for BUS2089 and not in error status, start event request created

other options: in PR05, you have direct access to WF logs in the icon before the application header "travel expenses from (employee)" if you click the latest entry in the log, you will see who is manager owning the item.

other source of error:

decision task for approval not classified as general task

agent assignment fails: check TA SWI2_ADM1

WF error: check TA SWI2_DIAG

master data missing: manager's mail address, initiator's mail adress, ....

rgds, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you set up integration request to expenses, converting estimated cost from request to expense type in expenses?

(IMG: not part of the main folder travel management/ travel expenses but the folder travel management/ integration travel request (travel planning) to expenses)

regards, Michael

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

The switch between Integration of Travel Planning and Travel Expenses is selecetd for the country grouping   and in PR05 the data with out the amount is reflecting but as manintioned above the issues persists.