cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.4 ABAP slow on SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I just installed an empty SAP ERP 6.0 with EhP7 on Nteweaver 7.4 ABAP Application Server using a SAP HANA Database.

The application server is installed on Windows 2012 Server.

Hana Software is SPS6 rev 66. Client version on Hana appliance and AS is rev 66.

I am surprised to see that technical operations like language installation or client copy are taking a long time compared to a MaxDB or Oracle database.

I'm used to getting a client copied in 20 to 30 minutes, here on Hana it takes 1h30.

I really think the problem comes from the application server because of the poor load (near 10% cpu is used...), and everything is running smoothly on Hana Appliance (backup of the 100 GB database in 4 minutes). But I can't find anything is the workprocess logs. No dump. Nothing in syslog.

Does anybody else is experiencing such performance issue? Is that normal? Maybe a Windows 2012 problem?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the problem is still there. If anyone has an idea...

Regards,

Pierre

vincent_l
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

No idea about the source cause.

Maybe you can put the last kernel (patch 36, update of 27th of September)

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Update : I didn't find anything in the hana logs.

Regards,

Pierre   

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you checked my previous reply for probable error in work process log files?

SAP note 1612404.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

unfortunately the heap memory is OK.

Thanks,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I just spotted this log message in a workprocess log :

M Tue Oct 01 15:38:28 2013

M  *** ERROR => ThRequestConsumeRequest: DpRqGetFromQueue timed out [thRequest.c  842]

M  {root-id=005056811E831ED38AD3D6A568A1F3F7}_{conn-id=00000000000000000000000000000000}_0

Has anyone seen that before? Seems to occur only on Dialog workprocesses.

I put the workprocess logs as attachment.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Pierre

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like there are time-out error. Could you please check index server trace file on HANA side?

Thanks,

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I came across SAP note 1612404 which gives information about the error- VERBOSE LEVEL FULL which is there in the log file. Please check note, you might need to increase heap memory.

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny.

I think you pointed me in the right path. There are some logs in the indexserver trace.

I'm going to look for an answer on OSS now.

Thanks,

Pierre

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

After installation, have you run SGEN prior to client copy or language installation etc.?

Thanks,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

yes I did.

Regards,

Pierre