cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Converting data in CSV(Comma separated value)file format to XML format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to convert CSV (Comma Separated Value) to XML format.So here In sender channel I am using File adapter with FileContentConvertion.  I got Exception named bellow   "  conversion initilization Failed ,java.lang.Exception Error(s) in XML Convertion Parameter found.Format Error in 'xml.recordset' argument incomplete structure (name ,number) pair. "

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

PFA Screen shots my Scenario.

Input File Content:

2069,Mahesh,80000.00

Input is CSV , So  In  Sender Channel use File Adapter , and I am using File Content Conversion tab and Specify following details regarding input format

I Tested my Message Mapping, it is success.

But I got Exception  " Conversion initialization Failed ,java.lang.Exception Error(s) in XML Conversion Parameter found.Format Error in 'xml.recordset' argument incomplete structure (name ,number) pair"

Please help me how to resolve , I think I did mistake in File Content Conversion ,Help me is there any modifications.

--

Thanks

Mahesh Mediboyina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

You need to add the following parameters in the parameter section

Recordset.fieldSepartor ( value will be , (comma)

Recordset.endSepartor  ( value will be 'nl')

If you use key then you need to add the following paramter

Recordset.keyFieldValue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you ,Error is resolved.Sender and receiver channels monitored successful ,it have not give any errors ,Message Id also generated,, But I have not found File in targer directory

What is the reasons behinds this

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

did u check in in sxmb_moni, is there any error

also check in receiver CC

Regards

Gagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gagandeep ,

I have monitored Sender and Receiver Communication channels , but I have found Run success with out errors , messages id also generated ,to these channels ,but I have not found target file in target directory

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The issue is that you have defined the recordset structure wrongly. The fields you mentioned should come in the fieldnames, not in the place where you mentioned it now..

go through the below tutorial link and you can define accordingly.

ideally in your case, the recordset structure should be for ex. Emp_Det,1 (if there will be only one line in the file as mentioned by you or * if you will have more lines)

then you need to define.. Emp_Det.fieldNames =  EmpNo, EmpName, EmpSalary etc.

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Contentconversion/page2.htm

Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

Yah ,I already tried what you have suggested to me , please check Content conversion   tab

My input file have content like below

2069,Mahesh,80000.00

But I got Exception" com.sappi.adapter.xi.routing.RoutingException ,InterfaceDetermination did not yield any actual error "

Please tell me where I did I need to change..

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could see that you have not provided the document  namespaces. It should be the namespace of the message type in which you are populating values from CSV i.e sender Message Type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thank you ,Error is resolved.Sender and receiver channels monitored successful ,it have not give any errors ,Message Id also generated,, But I have not found File in targer directory

What is the reasons behinds this

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you having file at receiver end too? Check  audit log of message monitoring for any trace of file getting written at target directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to convert CSV file , to XML File ,so our system have to generate XML File ,in target directory ,we have give necessary details in receiver channel.I have monitored Sender and Receiver Communication channels , but I have found Run success with out errors , messages id also generated ,to these channels ,but I have not found target file in target directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to convert CSV file , to XML File ,so our system have to generate XML File ,in target directory ,we have give necessary details in receiver channel.I have monitored Sender and Receiver Communication channels , but I have found Run success with out errors , messages id also generated ,to these channels ,but I have not found target file in target directory.

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you describe your end to end scenario. As you have configured FCC in Sender CC, could you explain what do you have at the target end. What is the mode of processing in your file Sender CC? Is it 'Delete' or 'Test'?

former_member184789
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not provide the namespace for the document namespace & recordset namepsace  in File CC. This namespace would be the namespace in which you have created the message type whose fields will be populated from the values from the CSV file. Also the names of fields are not provided in correct manner.

Refer to below link:

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/Contentconversion/page1.htm