cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue in UDT universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys

I have a Universe in UDT with 10 100% identical tables. only differecnce is that each table is for 1 year of data. so i have a  table for 2003 data another for 2004  and so on.

now i have created a derived table and used Select * with union all to  get my data from all the tables.

So now my probelm is performance each table is HUGE. and runtime is very high. Is there any way i can have the user select a year every  time they run a report and based on that year prompt my query runs only on that Year's table instead of running on all tables ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you got any chance to check this http://trustedbi.com/2012/12/19/dynamic-data-connection/

The general practice is to put together all your tables in to a single table and perform a Yearwise partition at database level.

Regards

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually my data is coming from a legacy system in the form of huge Excel files. since the files are pretty big i split them year wise.

so is it possible to use   @prompt some how to select only one table at a time? if so where and how can i achieve this to improve performance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

guys any help will be appreciated ....?