Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise free area CIN transactions.

former_member183379
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All.

Presently we are working on upgrade project. We have TAXINJ currently.

My plant situated in excise free area so not even a single CIN transactions are happen so far.

Now shall we continue same TAXINJ procedure or else TAXINN procedure. Please suggest which will be the best option.

Please answer....

Regards

BHG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As there is no tax transaction happened so far, there are no issues I guess to migrate to TAXINN. As you mentioned above, I understand that there wont be any cutover activities as well. However you can highlight the pros and cons of both the Tax procedure to the business and then decide which one will be more suitable to the client.

You can search the forum or google for understanding the difference and the advantages of these procedures before taking a call.

My opinion will be to go for TAXINN as it works on the principle of Condition technique and addresses different excise + sales / service tax scenarios without creating many tax codes.

Maintenance of Condition record is just an one-time activity and by using the validity periods in the condition records we can maintain different rates for the same combination as applicable.

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhg,

If plant is excise free then you can carry transaction by using such tax code (zero duty), what is the point in changing tax procedure.

If you are having any other difficulty regarding this then let me know.

Regards,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

Thanks Punkaj for swift response....

The thing is now we are doing full fledged up gradation from 4.7 to ECC6.

From November onwards some plant come under excise duties, So client needs CIN.

We have CIN customizations in 4.7 (TAXINJ). But we are checking to go for TAXINN as it is user friendly and some other features.

As i mentioned in my previous post, Not even a single transactions happened so far. so no Open documents (Like PO, GR, GL A/c etc) may be.  Because of this reason we wanted to suggest TAXINN.

Now i want to know which procedure suitable, (ECC 4.7 - TAXINJ same configuration or ECC6. TAXINN)

Please let me know......

Regards,

BHG.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is fixed to change tax procedure then kindly search it on forum as there are many postings on such issues.

Regards,

Pankaj

0 Kudos

No Pankaj, Its yet to suggest to client....

So I'm asking here the same...

BHG

0 Kudos

In that case I will suggest you stay on TAXINJ but this is my personal suggestion to you as We have also upgraded from 4.7 to 6.0 and my client also have TAXINJ procedure.

Whereas you can configure according to your excise and excise free requirement through tax codes.

Hope this will clear your doubt or you can get more suggestions from the experts of SCN forum.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

TAXINJ - formula based PR

TAXINN-condition based PR

if you go by TAXINN it would be very nice to you.Formula based PR is very difficult .It will work on total routines level .So ,you need to understand how routine's will act / work but in TAXINN ,there is no this kind of problem.

Thanks,

Naren

0 Kudos

Thanks Narendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As there is no tax transaction happened so far, there are no issues I guess to migrate to TAXINN. As you mentioned above, I understand that there wont be any cutover activities as well. However you can highlight the pros and cons of both the Tax procedure to the business and then decide which one will be more suitable to the client.

You can search the forum or google for understanding the difference and the advantages of these procedures before taking a call.

My opinion will be to go for TAXINN as it works on the principle of Condition technique and addresses different excise + sales / service tax scenarios without creating many tax codes.

Maintenance of Condition record is just an one-time activity and by using the validity periods in the condition records we can maintain different rates for the same combination as applicable.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Thanks FC,